Clear all

(Not so) Wonderful Tonight

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@peejay)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

So, I bought my first electric guitar last night at about 9pm.

Here's what I've managed since (maybe 6 hours total, including my software issues): listen

It's not the full song or anything, and it's full of mistakes, but it'll be fun to look back on this after more practice. :mrgreen:

Bass Guitar by Peejay (I started playing around with this one a few weeks ago)
Lead Guitar by Peejay (I started learning this while playing around after I got home last night)
Rhythm Guitar by Peejay (Slow chords I learned on the acoustic [but this is on the new electric])
Melody Guitar by Peejay (I spent about 5 minutes making this part up. Really.)

Recorded in 4 tracks with Kristal.

Posted : 22/09/2007 2:42 am
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

That is one of Eric's best songs, IMO. I love the concert version he recorded. You are off to a good start, iron it out a bit! :)

Posted : 22/09/2007 3:08 am
(@slickcat)
Estimable Member

Sounds great..speed it up a hair and you got it! 8)

Slip___Sliding___Away__________

Posted : 22/09/2007 12:56 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Peejay:

Yes, I agree, probably some issues could be improved but a big congrats to you! :D

The time is correct. I like your bendings. Try to improve the recording, there is some noise.

(I wasn't active these days. Did you send us the pictures already? :wink:)

Posted : 22/09/2007 10:01 pm
(@peejay)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Pictures are in the Too Good to Be True thread.

I feel like my bends aren't high enough, but I keep sounding the string above when I push it higher (almost always, but not always, so I know it should be possible).

Posted : 22/09/2007 10:45 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I feel like my bends aren't high enough, but I keep sounding the string above when I push it higher (almost always, but not always, so I know it should be possible).
Sure? I listened again twice and I think they are correct. Probably the intro's ones are better than the outro's but sound good!

Keep practicing on that great new guitar! :D

Posted : 23/09/2007 2:04 pm