Nuno plays guitar

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Recently I got back to guitars. Hyperborea recommended to me a book the last year, Beginning Jazz Guitar by Jody Fisher, and I got it some weeks ago. I am working on its lessons. The recording corresponds to one of its etudes.

I play (or try to play) the lead guitar, the rhythm guitar and the bass tracks. The drum track is made with Garage Band. Garage Band is also used for recording and mixing.

There are several mistakes and some electric noise, the guitar pickups or earthing troubles.

Comments and advices are always welcomed.

Etude #4

(Hyperborea, if you read this post, thank you very much again, it is a very good book. I guess you will remember this tune.)

Posted : 08/07/2010 7:10 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Good Job Nuno. It sounds tricky in a couple parts. Way to go. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 09/07/2010 1:30 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Very cool man! Sounded fantastic!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 09/07/2010 3:49 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys!

Yes, indeed, there are a couple of tricky parts with shorter notes.

I was listen it now and... I didn't record myself in the last year, I only did in collaborations. And I forgot when you do it you listen a lot of things that you don listen while playing. Probably I redo the lead guitar.

Posted : 09/07/2010 8:10 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I redid the lead guitar this afternoon. Some notes had a wrong length or were out of tempo. It is not important.

I am happier with this new take.

Recording is important.

Posted : 09/07/2010 7:43 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Good job, Nuno.

You play very well.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 10/07/2010 12:42 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Nice job Nuno! I liked it.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 10/07/2010 7:32 pm
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Sounds good Nuno!!

Posted : 10/07/2010 11:04 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Hey, Nuno,
Great to hear you're playing 6 string again.
That was a perfect listen for a summer's afternoon. 8)
Nice job with all the elements.
:)

Don

Posted : 12/07/2010 5:38 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks!

I always try to play both, guitar and bass. When I play mainly bass, usually I play my acoustic (mainly open chords and some fingerstyle songs that I already know, just for maintaining them fresh and make guitar vibrate).

Now I am focusing on guitar with this beginning jazz method and I play bass every other day. I practice one or two new blues bass patterns each week and also work on walking bass lines.

I'd love to play jazz. Probably I'll need several years but meanwhile I'm getting fun!

Posted : 14/07/2010 10:26 am