Clear all

Padded Cell

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@alien)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

This was inspired by "Shock Corridor". But this one has manic depression and doesn't really go anywhere, it's more of a padded cell. More rooms are under construction.

Padded Cell

Speaking of noire genre, I used to watch Peter Gunn reruns a lot. I remember the show itself was a little cheesy but the soundtrack made it worthwhile, 50's jazz performed by pro's.

Posted : 13/08/2008 6:41 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Padded Cell?

No!
More like Peter Gunn meets Hawaii 50

Kowabunga, dude. Surf's up!

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 13/08/2008 7:08 pm
 Ragz
(@ragz)

it didn't give me the "Padded Cell" feeling.
However, it came across as closer to that of a Pulp Fiction style feeling. The darker tones in the track really brought that feeling of unease through for me.

Very cool.

Posted : 13/08/2008 7:14 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Love it. I'm dying to write something that I can use tremolo on, just haven't found the right song yet.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 13/08/2008 8:59 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

This brought me to a quick visual. Let's see, an altered state of mind like a bad trip and in a busy place. The speed of the scene is maybe 10% faster than reality while our friend whose eyes we are seeing this through is at 90% speed...and this is where the music is.

Ok, so this might sound even more weird. I wonder what it would sound like slightly flat and/or maybe slowed down and drawn out a tiny bit more.

Pretty darned good tune, Alien. I enjoyed.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 13/08/2008 11:29 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

nice work. the guitar sounds fantastic. and that bass line is perfect. it really gives you some headroom.
this sure is a fun genre to work with. I am thinking we need a guitarnoise/guitarnoire compilation.
send me a copy of this would you?

8)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 14/08/2008 11:05 am
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Awesome!! Very cool!

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 14/08/2008 11:14 am
(@alien)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
send me a copy of this would you?

Uhh... puzzled look... in order to hear it you had to download it already. I think if you right click on the link and hit "save target as..." that'll do the trick.

Rest assured there's plenty more in the... er... pipeline.

Posted : 16/08/2008 12:18 am
(@alien)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Arjen made some edits to it and sent me the link. I think this could be called the "heavily sedated" dub.

http://www.box.net/shared/mizxamuqa5

I think now it's gone from Peter Gunn to The Prisoner. (Which was also a cool show with a good soundtrack except the main character was always weird and pissed off.)

Posted : 19/08/2008 3:35 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Guys, that was something. How eeeerie. Think having this piped into one's headphones in a bout of paranoia would send someone over the edge? This was great.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 19/08/2008 4:10 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

"You're traveling through another dimension --
a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind.
A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination.
That's a signpost up ahead:
your next stop:"
the Kreepie Zone!

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 19/08/2008 4:44 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Hey Mikey, I think he likes it!!

Love the feel to it. Sounds great!!

I don't get the 'padded cell' feel for it, but I do get the surfing tone that other people have brought up. My thoughts were of Pulp Fiction like the others when I first heard it.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 20/08/2008 7:16 am