Prosper Song

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@maliciant)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

SoundClick

This is a blatant attempt to draw attention to my prosper loan listing (in the prosper forums not here).

I'm a little sick and it wouldn't hurt if I got me a few singing lessons, but this is my first official song, with music and lyrics and everything. There is one steady track through the whole thing, so steady, someone might suspect I played it a few times, and then took the best one and repeated it using audacities repeat effect (however, I did that more for speed, I can totally play the part hehe). The other tracks are improvised a fair amount. The song is about the process of getting a loan via prosper and some of the lyrics refer specifically to forum entries (in other words this will never be some timeless classic, you need the visual and the background to understand the bit about the orange underwear).

There is a guitar track just playing the roots (the repeated track).
A track for the lyrics (notice how I don't call it vocals or singing, it's the noise I made with my mouth track)
A bass track, some variations here but pretty much mostly a repeat of the guitar repeat track
The strumming track, I ended up liking it best if the strumming only occured when no noise from mouth was being made, I like it there
The currently disabled track cause it interfered with the noise from mouth track that pretty much featured a kind of lead version of the repeating track using higher notes and different strings, I liked the way it sounded, but it made the lyrics difficult to understand in some weird ways (even made a few things I said sound like four letter words but mostly just made it so you couldn't tell what the heck I said). I'll most likely work this track again and put it back in as it did make things more interesting, just have to figure out where I went wrong first.

Anyway, the info on how I played it generally is somewhere on that soundclick site, it's real basic, could anyone tell me what genre of music this would be, I listed it as blues general, but what I was really looking for was something that screamed amaturish or only a musician would understand why someone would publish this. In a thread in the bass forum I said I was working on putting a bass part to a really catchy tune, this is not that tune, I still haven't figured out how to play that one yet.

Anyway, provide feedback if you want, this song is probably bland by most peoples tastes due to the structure being pretty much 2 bars over and over (catchy bars though), and my noise coming out of mouth being pretty bland (being sick might be improving my overall sound). I'm posting it so that anyone who's having an off guitar day can come in and see what took me probably 12 hours to get together and laugh knowing they could do better (most of that time was working on the lyrics and it was probably more like 16 hours over two days). Also, I feel like people can use this as a reference if they don't like my feedback on their songs, the response to anything I said they felt was negative need only be a link to this thread :p

I might be known for rambling late at night.

Posted : 24/03/2007 6:01 am
(@maliciant)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I redid the noises made with mouth track of the song last night since I was no longer sick, I still must refer to it as noise made with my mouth, but this time it's less muffled at least and allowed me to keep the extra guitar track in.

Posted : 29/03/2007 2:03 pm