Clear all

Rainy Window - Masaaki Kishibe - Cover

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

After about 3 weeks of hard practice with this, I got something down. Pretty appropriate too since we were all awake at 5am with tornado sirens blasting.

Been on a huge kick to learn his stuff. And the next one will be no different LOL.

But here is Rainy Window, was a pain in the butt for me for some reason...my fingers always get tied towards the end...you'll know it when you hear it LOL.

Hope you enjoy it anyway!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU_UJGTRbsQ

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 28/02/2011 4:28 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Real nice job Joe! very nice. 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 28/02/2011 6:11 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks TR! For some reason his stuff speaks to me, and I have a blast playing it!

Posted : 01/03/2011 4:31 am
(@rustedstrings)

Great job Joe! Beautiful song too, very relaxing. Been a rough week here, lost three loved ones this week. So it was nice to sit and listen to this and just decompress.

You may not notice it yourself but, you've become so much more fluid and flowing in all of the latest stuff! It's no longer just notes assembled in order, it's feelings and emotion woven together and told through a song! :) THATS MUSIC!!!! :note1: :note2: :D

Posted : 01/03/2011 11:35 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Sorry to hear about your losses. :(

But thank you for watching/listening, that was quite a compliment!! I appreciate it! I still haven't figured out where the line ends between playing notes in order, and with feeling, maybe it's just something that happens on its own. But it means alot that you said something!

Posted : 03/03/2011 6:06 am
(@rustedstrings)

Not sure what defines that line either Joe, but it's usually very clear when something is performed with feeling or just "played". I think at first it's difficult to play with emotion because you're so focused on everything you're doing, but you've obviously reached the point where it comes naturally enough to pour the emotion into it as well.

I also love that you cover these obscure songs, at least obscure to me, and they really are great.

Keep 'em coming!

Posted : 03/03/2011 4:07 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

Im always impressed by your recordings joe - and this was no exception. Again, you make it look this fingerstyle stuff so easy!!!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 11/03/2011 7:53 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys I appreciate it.

More obscure stuff is coming that looks easy but busts my butt when learning lol.

As soon as I get my laptop from Dell I'll have a video from this guy again. And it'll be with my new Crafter acoustic :)

Posted : 12/03/2011 12:18 pm