Clear all

Re-Invention One

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Just a little track, hope someone likes it. Might not be guitars, but there are definitely some strings involved. ;)

Re-Invention One

Posted : 21/05/2006 6:08 pm
(@Anonymous)

Arjen,

Thant composition is very good! I felt like I was riding an elevator!! :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: (Sorry bad joke!). Is that part of your school work or do you listen to classical music? Also what did you use for the instrument? Is that computer-generated or do you play several instruments? I know sometimes you use software for your music.

AWESOME Work!

Posted : 21/05/2006 6:31 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I'm officially a psychology student so it's not related to school at all. I recently had a discussion with my piano teacher about Bach, my teacher appreciated him substantially more then I did. So I checked some of his inventions and I felt like writing my own, using a book on counterpoint composition. Most of this is played by me using my new controller. After that I fix what I played incorrectly and change the dynamics of each note. Finally I load it into Garritan Personal Orchestra and pick the instruments I need (in this case violin, viola and cello). It mostly is a composition, not a performance.

And thanks for the comments. :)

Posted : 21/05/2006 7:12 pm
(@lorfyre)
Estimable Member

0MGRZZZZ

it sounds so much like Bach's Two-Part Invention #1 in Cmaj :P

good job though ;)

Posted : 22/05/2006 2:23 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well, I think it ultimately sounds like any Bach's Invention, period. ;) Although it has to be said technically my composition isn't even a pure Invention but a Sinfonia (which Bach also wrote, btw) and I didn't use Bach's A/B/C thematic structure he uses throughout his first invention.

But yeah, the core remains two melodies over each other, with the second often copying the first. In that sense it is stylistically, rhtyhmically and melodically quite like Bachs Invention #1, or any other of his inventions. No idea how his Sinfonias are, haven't really listened much to them.

Posted : 22/05/2006 9:41 am