Recordings from a few years back.

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

[link removed]

This page on my 38 Special Fan site has some of my recordings. I made them about 7 years ago. My skill level today may be just a bit better, its so hard to judge.

I had a really powerful PC then, NOT. But it seemed to record pretty good. The songs are compressed pretty good, so anyone on dialup will have NO problem with them.

My favorite out of the bunch is the GCAD mix. I used a Mexi-Strat, Crate GX-30M, Radio Shack Mic, PC speakers, and a Packard Bell PC(JUNK). I am pretty sure that the only program I used on this recording was Windows Sound Recorder. The high treble sounds in the background may sound like symbols but they ain't. I guess its feed back from mixing one version of the song on top of another over and over from speaker to mic.

I remember recording the gcad clip. I practiced ALOT for about a month because my timing was SO SO SO bad. I never noticed it w/o recording.

Recording is so much fun. I think I try to record some more soon.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

Posted : 16/08/2006 4:30 am
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

Hey the stuff sounds nice, im not trying to sound rude but how could your skill level not increase in 7 years? Did you not play much or somethin?

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 16/08/2006 5:29 pm
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

The reason I believe that my skill level hasn't changed much is that I don't really play that often. Except for the last couple of months. I really go through cycles where I play alot and also through RUTs where I don't. This has been a frustration for me, I can't seem to stick with a good practice schedule long enough to improve.

And you didn't sound rude.

Thanks.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

Posted : 17/08/2006 3:42 am