rude awakenings first two singles

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@derek-wilkerson)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

recorded a day or two at a time..

the facebook, just click on the band page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rude-Awakening/216950144986992

or the reverbnation if you dont have a facebook
https://www.reverbnation.com/rudeawakeningoh

feel free to buy resent you, as we need some support to do what we do.. gear is expensive and so is gas.

bassist for the crux
Randall RB-125-115 120 watt 15" eminence spk.
Randall RBA 500
2X Acoustic B115's
Peavey T-40
Indiana P-bass

Posted : 03/07/2012 3:33 am
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

I hated it! Which is probably a very good sign. Things are mixed pretty well - You guys have the whinny thing and combine it with the screaming thing, and i haven't heard that yet - Kudos for originality. I think you guys have really nailed down a sound to focus on and it sounds as good (to me) as other things I have heard in the genre, which I admit is pretty limited. I thought the chuga chuga guitar stuff was interesting given the absence of shredder solos. Its interesting, absolutely not my thing but I am absolutely not the audience you're after. Vocal performances were a little weak by the whinny guy at times and the drumming seemed to too much too often, I think the intensity of the drums would be more pronounced if it wasn't happening all the time. Over all, I give it a B - not bad for the first couple singles. Well done!

Posted : 03/07/2012 3:22 pm
(@derek-wilkerson)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

thanks! as long as we're getting feedback. facebook has been stuffing aspiring bands down to the bottom of the barrel in order to make money so we're getting next to no exposure..

bassist for the crux
Randall RB-125-115 120 watt 15" eminence spk.
Randall RBA 500
2X Acoustic B115's
Peavey T-40
Indiana P-bass

Posted : 06/07/2012 4:06 pm