see what you think

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@sowterg)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr_QxTHuXWQ

Not the best in the world. lol Could of been a lot better if I had a backing track or something. The tempo might not be right. T_T

Its the choices you make that diffines you as a person.

Posted : 09/07/2006 10:11 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Hey SowterG,

I know you've posted a couple of dozen times now. You must have noticed you are the only one using no capitals, no punctuation, unintelligible spelling and using abbreviations like U. Please make the effort to write in English. It doesn't have to be perfect, but you need to clean it up. We have readers from around the world who won't be able to give you advice, answer questions or give opinions on your work because they can't understand what you are writing.

Is that sentence above:

Not the best in the world, :lol: , it could have been a lot better if I had a backing track. The tempo might not be right.

I have no idea what the rest of the sentence is.

I had to work to read this. With so many posts per day I, (and many others), don't have the time to stop and figure out your posts.

Thanks much,

Nick

Posted : 10/07/2006 12:09 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I kind of corrected it for him, Nick. But I can't keep on doing it!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 10/07/2006 12:14 am
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

sowterG

Man, you've been getting attention for all the wrong reasons.

I thought your solo was very good, I recognized it immediately as the solo from Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. That is a great and colorful solo, you played it really well. You might need a little effects to get it just right, maybe a little delay or compression to stretch the notes out.

You have some natural talent. It takes a good ear to copy a solo like this.

Only one criticism, you look like a nice looking fellow. Lose the hood.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 10/07/2006 12:24 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

ditto, good stuff

#4491....

Posted : 10/07/2006 12:44 am
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

some constructive criticism, you can obviously move fast enough to get the notes, but you should slow down the overall tempo and try to keep it smooth throughout and then eventually make it all fast, still it was good. You sound canadian are you?

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 10/07/2006 1:40 am
(@sowterg)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Im not canadian not sure how i sound like one? can you please explain.
On another note i need to make a personal apolagie to peaple on this forum. You see i have been on a forum that is for gamers that coupled with talking to my freinds on msn and genraly just not being a very good speller or typer i have bad speelin and bad habbits such as replacing you with u* form now on i will try to make more effort.And just so you now i have made more effort on this but i have probly got spellin wrong still.But i hav always been that way i have had bad spellin and bad handwritting

since i was young i realy am not sure why? i dont think im dislesic becouse that affliction affects the abilty to read can very i now becouse my dad has it he cant read blck letter on a white serface some times he can read it but with extreme diffuculty but never mind thats of topic. Thank you for the comments and the positive critacism.

Acualy i would just like to add one thing
this solo was realy difficult to get wright hense the name of the vidoe rock4 it took me 4 times to get it correct well i still made a mistake dont now if you noticed it it wasnt a realy bad one but if you listen closly you can hear that i hit the rong string good job i arch my fingers right and it was a muted string if it was an open string i messed up on i would of started again.

Its the choices you make that diffines you as a person.

Posted : 10/07/2006 7:26 am
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

That was pretty good.

I think I'd like to learn that solo too!

Posted : 10/07/2006 10:57 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

On another note i need to make a personal apolagie to peaple on this forum. You see i have been on a forum that is for gamers that coupled with talking to my freinds on msn and genraly just not being a very good speller or typer i have bad speelin and bad habbits such as replacing you with u* form now on i will try to make more effort.And just so you now i have made more effort on this but i have probly got spellin wrong still.But i hav always been that way i have had bad spellin and bad handwritting

since i was young i realy am not sure why? i dont think im dislesic becouse that affliction affects the abilty to read can very i now becouse my dad has it he cant read blck letter on a white serface some times he can read it but with extreme diffuculty but never mind thats of topic. Thank you for the comments and the positive critacism.

Thank you for your apology, sowterG, and thank you for trying harder. We know that not all people are good spellers, but, because we are an international forum and for many of our members English is a second (or third) language, we do appreciate your efforts to make your posts more readable to everyone in the forum. We try to discourage internet and cell phone text "shorthand", profanity, political and/or religious discussions because we are family oriented. We want people of all ages, races, sexes and musical preferences to feel at home here at GuitarNoise. I also would like to apologize to you if we came down too hard on you yesterday. But, I think you can tell from our reactions that we take this very seriously! Thank you again.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 10/07/2006 2:08 pm