72 Posts
28 Users
0 Likes
19.1 K Views
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hi there !

Today I decided to do some recordings.These contain a bit of fingerpicking and then strumming mainly.Please hear them out and post your opinions.Following are the two songs -

1.Are we the waiting - Greenday ( from the album 'American Idiot' )

2.Don't be cruel - Elvis Preisley ( Very cool song :wink: )

As always the recording quality might not be great but it is certainly better imo as i have recorded in mono and it takes less Ram that way.

You would get the best sound when you download the songs and not add any equalization to them (esp bass boost etc , because only the guitar is there ).You may have to raise the volume fairly up while listening.

I really had fun doing these recordings and the first one was a one shot.Hope you like them.

Thanks , :)

Rahul

Posted : 22/08/2006 5:45 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Rahul,

Nice job with both songs. I liked the Green Day song, don't know if I ever heard it but it soundedd good, keep it up you have a good voice too!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 22/08/2006 6:04 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks Cnev :D

The song by the green day is a really good one.You must get the American Idiot cd as soon as possible.After all , its got a grammy.What's more to say !

Posted : 22/08/2006 7:50 pm
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

Thanks Cnev :D

The song by the green day is a really good one.You must get the American Idiot cd as soon as possible.After all , its got a grammy.What's more to say !

Jethro Tull won a grammy i think that's says it all... :wink:

Kidding aside, can't comment, for some reason soundlick doesn't graft here. And that is a good disk "wake me when september ends" has gotta be my favourite of that disk.

Minus

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

Posted : 22/08/2006 11:17 pm
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

Were you born in India Rahul?

Because I can barely hear your accent.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

Posted : 03/09/2006 9:52 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Were you born in India Rahul?

Because I can barely hear your accent.

Hi Nexicon.

Yes , i am a 100 % indian.I always thought that my voice was different in singing from the Western people.Yet seems like you find some association :wink:

Posted : 04/09/2006 2:30 am
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

That's cool.

Listening to more songs (namely Holiday) I can hear the distinction between your voice and most Americans.

Where/how did you learn English?

By the way, nice playing man, you sound really good.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

Posted : 04/09/2006 3:47 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well , I have been taught English since the Nursery class.(and now i am in 2nd yr college)

Its has become a second language here and a common means to communicate with people of different religion , places and culture.

I enjoy singing songs over guitar.Many times i have felt i should write my own songs.Putting music to them is the most challenging part i feel as they sound too much like those by the popular artists.

Now , i do hope i will make better ones in future and finally someday come up with my own.

Thanks for checking out the covers :)

Rahul

Posted : 04/09/2006 4:31 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Just added a new song.

Its 'Homecoming' by Green Day.As you might have guessed i am heavily influenced by punk rock music these days.(Can someone suggest good punk rock bands ?)

Please hear it out.All comments welcome.

Thanks ,

Rahul

Posted : 20/09/2006 9:37 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

This is the first time I've visited your soundclick page, Rahul. Very nice stuff there! :D

You have a wonderful, clear, controlled voice, and your guitar playing is smooth, too.

Think my favorite is Sweet Child o'Mine, although they were all well done.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 21/09/2006 3:53 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks Margaret !

Your kind words really help :)

Posted : 21/09/2006 10:52 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hi people,

So i got Macy's Day Parade recorded...:D

Happy Thanksgiving !

Posted : 26/11/2006 9:06 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hi folks,

I haven't told this to anyone, but i have been lucky enough to acquire a Steel String Yamaha guitar, which i flipped around to make it lefty.And it is playing nicely too.

So today i recorded 'For Baby' by John Denver on it.Its a beautiful song.

Hope you enjoy listening...

Thanks,

Rahul

Posted : 12/12/2006 1:06 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Sounds good to me, nice sound coming out of that Yamy. Your vocals are definitely improving, the only suggestion I can think of is trying a deeper vibrato over sustained notes. for the rest an excellent job. Loved the intro. And do start writing your own songs, you gotta start it someday and the sooner you start the better you'll become.

Btw, just to prevent some trouble you might want to remove the '©Rahul' at the end of the lyrics. ;)

Posted : 12/12/2006 3:09 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks Arjen ! :D

Actually i put copyright to my name, since i guess Soundclick won't allow people to download the songs if the copyright is not in my name.

But i maybe wrong there.I will contact the soundclick admin to confirm.

And writing my own songs...that's one thing i know i need to do.Surely that has to be a new year's resolution.

Rahul

Posted : 12/12/2006 3:57 pm
Page 4 / 5