Clear all

Thirteen

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

My band was looking for a Johnny Cash song to cover and we considered this one. We decided not to do it, but it's such a fabulous, haunting song, I wanted to do it myself. I don't even come close to doing it justice. If you haven't heard the original, please check it out. It was written by Glen Danzig (from The Misfits and Danzig) specifically for Johnny on his American Recordings album.

I thought it was cool when I came to post this, I see Roy has Folsom Prison Blues up!

Here it is...
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7647259

Edit to add: you can hear my dog's collar and her whining in the background. You can see what she thinks of my singing.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 29/05/2009 7:37 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Nice going! That guitar tone had a familiar ring to it. Kind of like an old timey Blues accoustic or something. Nice.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 30/05/2009 1:15 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nice song! The guitar sounds nice, too. It seems you are not too comfortable in that key. It is just a comment, really I could not give any advice on singing.

Congrats!

Posted : 30/05/2009 10:36 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the comments guys.
It seems you are not too comfortable in that key

I'm not comfortable in any key!

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 30/05/2009 11:07 am