Clear all

Roy Parker's sub sonic vocals got me thinking

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well, after listening to Roy I got to thinking. I try to sing (I sing badly) songs in the key that the artist did them. Ask Vic Lewis, he will tell you he has tried to change me. Well, back in 1991 I was in a band with a bunch of kids. Yeah, I was old then ... 30 I think. :lol: Well, we were recording demos on my cassette 4 track and I got the bright idea that I could double my vocal with one an octive lower. It is subtle, but it actually was more natural to me than the main vocal. Black Sabbath, Ozzy is a bit high for me but I try. I was not the lead singer but did do the Sabbath songs in our little group. Thunderfingers was 4 at the time ..... imagine that! :shock: He was not in the band. I dug this up and thought you all might have a good laugh. I think the octave doubled vocal did sound evil though. :twisted:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=476208&content=songinfo&songID=7645913

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 29/05/2009 12:40 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

that actually was very good. you have a good voice. yopu sang with emotion and a sneer. I appreciate that.
was that a backing track? it was awesome.

so we have some secret singers on this forum.
you all need to Out yerselves.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 29/05/2009 2:38 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

You play guitar, drums, now sing... Awesome Sir!

:D

Posted : 29/05/2009 3:51 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

No backing track ...... that was 1991. That is the boys backing me, Dave on rhythm guitar, Ethan on bass and Jim on drums and of course TR on lead guitar. I don't think it was that good but cool to dig it up and give it a listen. In retrospect we did have a heavy sound though.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 29/05/2009 8:42 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Man, that's some wicked sound you had there! I feel the sudden urge to go sacrifice some snakes or a goat or something to honor some dark lord somewhere. Maybe write some backwards verses on an abondon house with 1/2 the windows and shutters gone.

:twisted: 8) :twisted: 8)

You guys rocked!!!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 30/05/2009 1:03 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Classic metal at it's best! :twisted:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 30/05/2009 12:56 pm