Wicked Fester Unplugged!

15 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc4JZgRjgjM

We just learned this. You can see we are reading as we play. Why get it right before you show your friends? It was simple after all. :roll:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 31/05/2011 2:29 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Sounds good, I like both new instruments. That bass has a good sound

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 01/06/2011 3:20 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks for giving it a listen. The bass is fretless although it does have lines. My son seems to like it pretty well. It is a Dean.

Posted : 01/06/2011 4:14 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

His playing was great, I didn't even notice it was fretless.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 01/06/2011 10:38 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Yeah, he used to play the big monster double bass some in Jazz Band in highschool. (I'm sure I have mentioned he was All County .... TR shamelessly brags on his spawn) He has 2 electric fretless so has practice. He had to get used to the dots on the side of the neck. On the fretless they are next to the lines (where the frets would be), not in the middle like a fretted instrument is. I'm sure that helps keep him in tune. I will pass on your comment as he is always wanting to know what people said about his playing...... Especially another bass player.

Posted : 02/06/2011 12:21 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

That was cool. Nice job all the way around. looks like fun. Nice way to show off your newest toys. :D

I was watching your fretting hand. If i go up and down the neck like that, I get really tense from my fingers straight through the arms and shoulders. It appeared to me like you did it with such ease. I'm jealous.

One other note. I know you'd prefer a singer than to have to sing, but this was one of you better vocal attempts IMHO. But then again, what do I know? Nuttin. You've heard me sing. It ain't pretty. The nicest thing you could say about my vocals is that I don't sweat much for a fat guy. :(

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 04/06/2011 2:53 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well, I actually like singing. It's just always been the general concensus that we should have a singer. Actually my son wants me to sing to so now that Tommy is dead ..... I guess I'm the singer. :lol: What did you think of my sons backup vocals. Actually wasn't bad when we sang the same words. :lol: Gonna redo it. Got the right lyrics and everything now. As far as the ease of chording, it is harder for me on acoustic. Just 33 years of exercising those muscles. Thanks for the encouragement Roy!

Posted : 04/06/2011 10:50 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I thought TF's bv's were right there quite nicely in the blend. It wasn't clear as can be at times due to mic source perhaps, but I thought them to be good.

I forgot to mention something on another song. His Entwhistling was astonishing in the one 'Who song I heard earlier in the day. I tend to overlook bass when watching these things, but he gave the best example of the sonic role Entwhistle had in The Who that I've ever heard.

I like to sing as well. I just wish I was good at it. :roll: I started singing as a timing mechanism, but now I dig it.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 05/06/2011 1:52 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

His Entwhistling was astonishing in the one 'Who song I heard earlier in the day. I tend to overlook bass when watching these things, but he gave the best example of the sonic role Entwhistle had in The Who that I've ever heard.
:mrgreen: Thats why I call him ThunderFingers. The boy worshps Entwistle's playing and emulates it well.

Posted : 05/06/2011 9:12 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Maybe get TF one of those skeleton jump suits like he used to wear in concerts back in '70-ish. :mrgreen:

Roy

Posted : 05/06/2011 12:37 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

I've listened twice, didn't want to be the first to comment. It's very good, I like Nirvana unplugged, you guys and your new instruments.

I think I realize how good your son is too, you also, and how Krist Novaselic had a lot to do with shaping Nirvana's seemingly signature sound. Congrats to you both. :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 08/06/2011 2:35 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Why thanks Blue Jay!

Posted : 09/06/2011 5:21 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Nice!! I've never heard the song before, but you guys made it sound good! Nice acoustic guitars!!

Now, is it just me or is your voice like 1000x better than when I last heard you? Sounded great!!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 23/06/2011 3:33 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks Joe! I'm trying hard.

Posted : 23/06/2011 4:02 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member