Clear all

An EQ, out of the blue!

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Okay, so I have been kind of setting up a home studio and collecting bits of gear at a time. I was asked by "me mum" what I'd like for my B-day and linked her to some books about home recording and midi (I really want to learn to use MIDI). So, I got a box with some great books in it. Then, Later in the day... I got a box from American Musical Supply. I am looking at it like it is one of the great mysteries of the universe, cause I am fairly sure (near 99.9% sure) I have not ordered anything from AMS recently. I open the box and see a DOD 430Qx equalizer. I think, "Did I win a contest?" Then, I see a packing slip with purchasers name on it from none other than "Dear Old Mum". Totally out of the blue, an EQ!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Happy birthday. Congrats on the EQ.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

One of the best weapons to have in your chain!

Have fun!

8)

I GOT AN EQ (Dun--da dun da Dun--da dun da) I GOT AN EQ OUT OF THE BLUE!!!

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Charles,

You won't know what to do with that. Pack it back up and sent it to me soI can put it to good use. HA

How's good old Charlotte? I miss it. I wish I still had Niles phone numbre I'd call him and bust him a little.

Have fun with your B-Day presents..hey I just had a birthday toobut I didn't get anything :cry:

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hey, Chris. I don't have a clue what Niles' number is or I'd give it to ya. Man, Charlotte is Charlotte. I'm still not jamming with anyone else. I was gonna try and jam with this bassist at work but, he got together with a band and is spending a lot of his time with them and there is no "real" room for me in their sessions. I'll find somebody to jam with. Hope you had a good B-day and it's too bad you did not get any presents/gear. I usually tell people not to get me anything and then treat myself with some gear(as good an excuse as any). I see you are trying to jam with some people. Good luck with that and as always, HAVE FUN with it!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Charles,

Hopefully I'll make it down there for work and I'll let you know maybe we could hook up. I've been jamming with some frieds and some guys from work, but up until now that's all it's been jamming once a week without much direction. We have now put 12 songs on a CD and we are going to work on getting those down to maybe play out. Unfortunately we don't have a singer.

Most of the songs are classic rock stuff...a little too much for my taste but we are trying to compromise about what we are going to play so it's all good for now. We are having what I would call our first official practice on Friday so we'll see how this goes.

Well I do have some extra money right now and I'm looking at buying a PA system so that'll be my B-Day present to myself.
Wes, suggested a Behringer PMP2000/E1520 package. Looks good although I would have liked to only spent around $500 but this is like $679 + $69 shipping on Musician's Friend. I don't know if they have any of these in stock at the local GC stores I guess I'll call and check.

Take care.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote