Clear all

Apple's Garageband Recording Software

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@kyoun1e)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

This product just came out for the mac in January and everything I hear is good...for only $50:

http://www.apple.com/ilife/garageband/

I'm looking to start messing around with recording, but don't want to spend a ton.

Does garageband have a version for the PC? If no, is there a PC equivilent software?

I have Guitartracks Pro, but I'm not in love with it...and it doesn't come with all kinds of drum and guitar loops/riffs.

Thanks. KY

jane
(@jane)
Trusted Member

garageband is made by apple, so no, they don't have a pc version,as far as i know. they want you to buy a mac. my problem is that i have an imac and i still can't run garageband because mine has a g3 processor and it only runs on g4s and g5s.

formerly "new writer" until someone said they didn't like my name

ReplyQuote
(@davem)
Estimable Member

Patina,

I'm in the same situation.  I have one of the first G3 computers that came out.  I even had to change the clock speed from 233 MHz to 266 MHz to get OSX to work on it.  I'm waiting for the next wave of computers from apple to come out and then I'm going to get a dual G5 and go from there.

Dave

Sometimes in life you get shown the light,
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

I use the duel mac G5 computers to edit photos for my High School Newspaper, and man Holy S**t those things are awesome! fast and the standard 32 megs grahics card that comes with it beats my 64 meg card anyday.  and the sound quality is wicked. also, itunes is one of the best sound programs I have ever used.  the only downfall to the computer is the fact that is is so expensive.

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote