Clear all

Audasity problem

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rodders)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I have this problem with audasity. When I'm recording there is a delay in the sound, I hear it first from the guitar and then a fraction of a second later from the PC. This has made it impossible to record anything unless I turn off the speakers from the PC, but I can't do this when recording over a track I've already laid down. This has only happened just recently and had been workin fine up until then.

Anybody have a clue ????

Rod. :?

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

(@Anonymous)

It sounds like something is running in the background taking up resources. Make sure all unnecessary programs are shut down. It may also be that some of your programs are not releasing the memory once they are closed. I suggest that before you record stop all programs you don't need from starting up when Windows boots up. Then restart your computer...this will release all your memory. Then once your computer is booted up start Audacity and see what happens when you record.

Check your antivirus to see if it is scanning while you are recording. Also if you hit Control+Alt+Delete you can see what programs and processes are running. Be careful which processes you close but applications you can close all of them.

I am only guessing here because you hinted that this problem just started. Have you installed any new programs since the problems started? Did you do a Windows update since the problem started? Have you updated your soundcards drivers recently?

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Mick, I'll check all that out tomorrow

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote