Clear all

Audicity Wah-Wah

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@amazing_ness)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm wondering the perfect setting for the Audicity Wah-Wah that will make it sound like I have a wah-wah pedal. Anyone know?

Hey.

(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member

When the wah wah box is up its usually set already (mine at 70% depth) the offset frequency on the bottom will basically soften or sharpen the tone (lower for softer) I think though that audacity presets them when they first pop up to a normal setting. Anything you do to change it is a matter of personal taste

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I'm wondering the perfect setting for the Audicity Wah-Wah that will make it sound like I have a wah-wah pedal. Anyone know?

First off, there is never a perfect setting.

PC effects are great, don't get me wrong but, in this case, I would suggest a wah pedal.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

What Mike says. Setting an Auto-wah to sound like a real wah is hard, to get any kind of decent sound out of the rather horrible Audacity wah is pointless. Heck, I have five auto-wahs and two wah pedals and all of them are infinitely better then that audacity thing.

ReplyQuote
(@amazing_ness)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

the problem is I have an acoustic so I cannot get a wah-wah pedal yet, so I was just wondering about the audacity.

thanks anyway.

Hey.

ReplyQuote
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member

You can use audacity wah for an acoustic it works ok, I do it all the time, but you have to play around with it to get the sound you want

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

the problem is I have an acoustic so I cannot get a wah-wah pedal yet, so I was just wondering about the audacity.

thanks anyway.

I'm sure you can run the recorded accoustic signal through a wah pedal no problem, or am I losing my mind here?

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Are you miking the acoustic? Or how are you recording the acoustic? You should be able to put a Wah pedal in that chain somehow. You may need a different cable or something.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote