Clear all

Basic drum loops/software

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I'm going to finally try and dabble with recording something using audacity and line 6 toneport. Have the guitars, have a bass, what I need is some free drum loops/software to mess with and put together simple backing tracks. Any suggestions?

May be a while before I post anything mind and it will only be simple stuff (likely covers - original stuff beyond me at the moment) so don't expect much. There isnt a lot of mojo evident round here right now! :roll: and this is all new to me while trying to get back in the groove of playing again

PS no mic too so you'll be pleased to hear there will be no singing either :wink:

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

For extremely basic, but dead simple, one option is Weird Metronome.
Slightly more complex, but more versatile, and with more sounds (samples - not MIDI) Hammerhead is pretty cool.
I used it a lot before I switched to Linux.

Both are free :D , and Windows only :( .

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

E-Jay used to do loads of samples - I have some 20,000 of them out of their various sequencing packages including gazillions of drum loops and fills - are they still going? They used to have some free stuff to download.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote