Skip to content
Computer Crashed......

Notifications
Clear all

Computer Crashed.........Having to Go Old Skool.......HELP!!

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

i recorded my group but my computer crashed and i lost my Cubase(no i don't have the CD i downloaded off the internet full verion.......got to love hi-speed)

Anyway I HAVE to get this mixed down ASAP... Is there anyway to get good quality from mixing on a board. I'm going from and ADAT back into my Yamaha EMX500-12. I have two effects on the board, plus I have two external effects units. So as far as Delay, Reverb, Distortion,and Flanger(which is all I plan on using) I got it covered. I have sound Forge so I will be able to load it into that and add Compression and some overall EQ for Mastering. I just want tips on how to mix down like this I've never done it. Any advice, I've started trying it but it just sounds muddy and not as good as I usually do, maybe its just my biased opinion and my ears are not used to it......

I plan on listening to each individual track, and setting my EQ, then mixing to a good volume, then adding my effects, and maybe a tweak to the mix after that. Am I on the right track??? (no pun intended)

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

i quickly download cakewalk on my dial-up, i only have hi speed and grandma's and Katrian took her house so there went that. but when I go to record into my sound card from my adat It sounds good then all of a sudden there is this ringing noise, sounds like computer noise. Is there a reason for this or is it unavoidable how do I stop it or can it not be stopped????

ReplyQuote
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Ok what if I switched computers???? I am using my laptop but I am thinking my ringing may be the soundcard, or computer noise from the fan. Well my home PC is custom AMD Athlong 64 bit machine (yes u heard right I have a 64 bit machine and its fast and QUIET) when its on u can't even hear it run unless u put a CD in and the CD drive kicks up. So since its so quiet I thought maybe if I loaded my software on there, would I get rid of the ring.

I dont' even know if its computer noise. DOES ANYBODY HERE KNOW WHAT TO DO??????

ReplyQuote