Clear all

Connecting Behringer Xenyx 1222FX to SoundCard

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@introuble)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi guys just got a behringer xenyx mixer, would like to know how can i connect my mixer to my e-mu 1212m soundcard million thanks

(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Hi Introuble
I would connect main out on the mixer to analog line in on the soundcard.
Thats how I have connected my behringer UB802 mixer to my soundcard.
I have also connected soundcard analog line out to tape in on the mixer.
You will need 1/4" connector cables between mixer main out-soundcard analog line in and 1/4"connector-RCA/phono cables/adaptors between soundcard analog out-mixer tape-in.
/Kalle

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

If you have a good sound card, the Kalle's suggestion is probably the easiest.

If not, is your Xenyx one of the models that has a USB output?

If so, you should be able to plug a USB cable from the mixer to your computer and use that.
I would expect the A/D converter in the Xenyx is at least the same quality as the rest of the signal path in the mixer (which would make it better than the soundcard in most computers).

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@phinnin)
Estimable Member

I have a xenyx 2442 that I plug into my comp. It came with the UCA200 USB connector to allow me to run the mixer into the comp bypassing the sound card altogether. After some tweakage, I love it.

I would make one recommendation however: instead of running the signal from your main outs to the comp, use on of the sub outs. That way, you can pick and choose what signal you want to go out to record. Plus it doesn't disable your system as much.

Also, try to not use the RCA In/Out for your connection. Your computer signal goes into a channel and the the mixer to comp signal goes via a sub-out. This way you can still plug a CD player into your mixer and you will also not disable your main mix slider.

That sounded pretty confusing so when and if it doens't make sense, just let me know and I can explain better the parts that are gibberish.

ReplyQuote