(@wolfsbane)
Topic starter  

first can it be done and if so what can i use
ie software and like

ta in advance
warren t :?

(@hueseph)
Noble Member

You would need a "magic eq" that would only affect the frequencies of the guitar but would not affect the frequencies of all the other sounds that are in the song. It would have to be a highly selective "intelligent" eq. Or maybe a "magic" track extractor that would go in and seek out the guitar track to "magically" seperate it from the mix. Do I sound like Doug Henning? Do you find it hard to take me seriously? Good. The answer is no. There is no magic tool to physically remove a track that has already entered the mix. There are tools that will remove entire bands of frequency but these will effect the entire mix and often leave the song sounding hollow, shallow and tinny. Sorry to break the news to you.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@wolfsbane)
Topic starter  

Saves me trying to find one LOL

and love the Kids quote ive got 4 of em little buggers

Warren t :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I don't know if its done much any more, at one the guitars or vocals use to mixed more to one side of the mix (off center), which would allow you to turn the balance to one side cutting down the guitar or vocals, but it wouldn't completely eliminate the sound. Maybe something try when mixing your original songs down.

Parametric Equalizer: Type of equalizer that allows the user to adjust a signal's frequency response with complete choice over how to break up the signal and adjust it using amplitude, center frequency and bandwidth. A high end one will allow overlapping bands offering 15dB of Boost or Cut and adjustable bandwidth (or “Q”) from 0.4 to 4. You still won't completely remove it.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

The first iPod I received had a faulty processor and all the songs I put on it would plaay back only the backup vocals or vocal reverb and the rhythm guitar (typically. It was different on different songs.) My belief is that it was only playing back tracks that were unique to but not common to the left and right channel. Lead vocals and lead guitar were almost always absent.
I guess I should have kept it as a practice tool. This does show that something resembling what you are looking for is possible, at least for some songs.

ReplyQuote