Notifications
Clear all

Folsom Prison Blues

22 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Edit. You're using reaper. it's got a very nice echo plugin included.
Edit too: OR you can use this one from e=phonic: http://www.e-phonic.com/plugins/tapedelay.php
I never clarified. I'm using Pro Tools for this project and most others now-a-days. It came "free" with my eleven Rack and I've been hooked since. I'll check out the plug-ins. Worst case scenerio is that I learn how to use the "rewire" or "reawire" (or whtever it's called) and run Reaper within PT. The Native Instrument suite is supposed to run like a scalded dog doing that, so it's on the top of a long list of things to try.

Did they ever give PT the ability to use VST plugins?

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I don't think so.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I don't think so.

I'll ask Dylan or Kenny what they recommend for a good "Tape Delay" plugin for a hobbyist.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I don't think so.

I'll ask Dylan or Kenny what they recommend for a good "Tape Delay" plugin for a hobbyist.

Ok - the two I got back were One free, once kinda pricey.

Free: TD5 analog tape delay plug-in by Massey

Pricey: Echo Boy

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Awesome! Thank's Doug. I'll start with the freebie. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Sorry for the delay on the delay.
Hmmmm
Here it is. http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11999971

I had to let this song simmer for a little while. Now I'm sick of a different one. I also had some system issues, but think I'm actually over them now and can run plug-ins by the boat load again. 8) 8)

I did the one echo thing at 500ms. I also did a little bit of compression and reduced the first few syllables so that the vocals were not so in your face when they first appearred. I know, a couple minor tweaks on something needing a whole new one. :lol: :lol:

Back to the echo thing. Moonrider, is this what you had in mind for this song and the era? I tried not to over do it while making it obvious that I was doing something. I did leave the reverb on for some of the other tracks, but did turn it off for the vocal track.

Um, enjoy?

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Back to the echo thing. Moonrider, is this what you had in mind for this song and the era? I tried not to over do it while making it obvious that I was doing something. I did leave the reverb on for some of the other tracks, but did turn it off for the vocal track.
Um, enjoy?

yes - vox are clear, but there's a definite ambiance there that lets them stand out without overwhelming the bed tracks

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2