Clear all

Going Into The Studio...

26 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@zacharias)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

In the end we cut two songs which can be heard here: http://www.myspace.com/savanahband .
The two songs we recorded are Supervirgin and I'll Find My Way. I would love it if you all would take a look and listen, and tell me what you think.
Cheers to all who replied, thanks for the support!

Wolf

Zacharias Wolf

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Hey. Sounds great. The mix sounds really good. Not sure the vox are all there quite. I think they could be a bit more "in your face" so to speak. But that's nitpicking. It really does sound good. Great job. "I'll find my way" sounds perfect. Sounds real nineties which, in my opinion, is a very good thing. A+

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

By the way, if you ever tour the west coast, let me know so I can see you live.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@zacharias)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks! Will do hueseph!

Zacharias Wolf

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Nice recordings!

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

I commented on the recordings over at Hear Here, but what I want to hear here is details of your studio experience!

Did you actually spend thirty hours straight in the studio? What was the best part? Worst part? Hardest? Most surprising? Bloopers?

Do tell!

Oh, and if you tour in the USA Midwest, I want to know. Prob better just plan on posting your whole dang tour schedule. :D

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@zacharias)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey Margaret! Thanks for the support!
We ended up spending more like around 12 hours in the studio to get everything done. I think the best part was just seeing how all the parts we had written for the song came together (all the overdubs and such) and just hearing the result of our efforts. The hardest part was (for me) doing takes of the vocals and trying to keep them different everytime so that we had something to choose from. The worst part was waiting to record lol. Most suprising part was hearing us recorded, it comes out all alot differently than you would imagine, and you wonder if you represent the songs to other people the way you think they are, and what they mean to you. Bloopers.. lets see, I definitly swore loudly on one of the vocal tracks when I stubbed my toe, my drummer broke out laughing halfway through a song and none of us could keep it together and just broke down laughing and messed up the whole take.
Another update, somebody offered to shoot a video for us and put us up for the night if we were ever in South Lake Tahoe lol.
Thanks all!

Zacharias Wolf

ReplyQuote
(@thetallcoolone)
Estimable Member

:shock: Only 12 hours in the studio?
That went pretty fast. :D

How many songs recorded?
Did you record as a "live" setting, like everyone playing togetther and just did some overdubbing after or did you individually record your parts one after the other?

I'm guessing there wasn't a lot of modifications to your originals from the engineer, besides maybe some sound pointers?

Anyways, it musta been one hell of an nice experience.
Congrats!
When can we expect to hear the end result?

EDITED: Just read some previous posts and saw you did only 2 songs. And I'm on my way to listen now. :D

http://www.soundclick.com/thetallcoolone

ReplyQuote
(@thetallcoolone)
Estimable Member

Finisihing listening to I'll Find My Way. That's a real damn nice song.
Mind you Supervirgin is pretty rockin' too. That's good old Hard Rock music.

You got a Gordon Downie (from Tragicaly Hip fame) kinda voice, only better to my ears. :)
And getting into Montreal's Jonas territory.
That's a tough act to follow but you got the potential to do it.

I sure hope these demo songs will bring you up on the radio soundwave.
It's really nice to hear some young folks digging old hard rock and playing it very well on top of it.

It's gonna be tough and frustrating at times but keep at it, you're definitaly Pro material.

And be sure to let me know if the eastern winds ever push you all the way down to Montreal.
Best of luck.

Yves

http://www.soundclick.com/thetallcoolone

ReplyQuote
(@zacharias)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks thetallcoolone, indeed we young folks still know how to rock :wink: .
I'll be sure to write montreal down on our first tour.
AND btw, we recorded them all in a live setting, with some overdubs. You can hear it in my vocals unfortunately lol.

Cheers!

Zacharias Wolf

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Zach,

I listened to some of your other stuff and it was definitely good stuff, you have a good voice and the band is tight.

Good luck with the band and I hope the demo works out!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2