Guitar Feedback Plugin?

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@matsuemon)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey all,
Has anyone ever heard of any plugins that let you create feedback in your guitar notes? I don't know of any, but that's one effect I've always wanted access to. Let me know if you hear of anything =)

(@hueseph)
Noble Member

There is a plugin out there. I downloaded the trialware but could never get it to really work. There is a freeware feedback generator out there too but it's difficult if not impossible to control. I once used a small practice amp and split my guitar signal between an amp emulator and the practice amp. I added a lot of distortion and a chorus effect and was able to get feedback at surprisingly low levels. I haven't been able to reproduce this though. If and when I am able to recreate this, I will post. Until then it's an elusive "holy grail" for both of us.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hey all,
Has anyone ever heard of any plugins that let you create feedback in your guitar notes? I don't know of any, but that's one effect I've always wanted access to. Let me know if you hear of anything =)

Who needs a plugin? Add gain. Try. Repeat until it feeds back.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@matsuemon)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey all,

Who needs a plugin? Add gain. Try. Repeat until it feeds back.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Nah that wouldn't really work for what I have in mind Moonrider. For instance, if I'm playing a lead break and I want to hold the last note and let it feedback. Adding more gain to the note would sound strange. I don't want to add the gain, just the feedback.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Not very helpfull probably but the Boss GT8 has this. It has two modes, the natural one works best for me. If you keep a note it will start to feedback, so if you play fast riffs it's not effected until you keep one note longer.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Nah that wouldn't really work for what I have in mind Moonrider. For instance, if I'm playing a lead break and I want to hold the last note and let it feedback. Adding more gain to the note would sound strange. I don't want to add the gain, just the feedback.

Good lord. Are you really that lacking in basic knowledge of how microphones and pickups work? :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.sciam.com/physics/article/id/what-causes-feedback-in-a/topicID/13/catID/3

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

ReplyQuote
(@matsuemon)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

"Good lord. Are you really that lacking in basic knowledge of how microphones and pickups work?" :shock: :shock: :shock:

No, I'm not lacking in that knowledge and I know exactly how to cause feedback under normal circumstances, but I'm talking about recording directly into my computer, here, with no microphone or amp involved. THAT is why I was asking about a plugin.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

No, I'm not lacking in that knowledge and I know exactly how to cause feedback under normal circumstances, but I'm talking about recording directly into my computer, here, with no microphone or amp involved. THAT is why I was asking about a plugin.

Monitor using the computer speakers and apply the same principles. That's what I do.

ReplyQuote