Clear all

Help With My MW12 Yamaha Mixer

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@danersteel)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi all...I need some tips on a MW12 Mixer.

The problem that I,m haveing Is: Burnning a file to a CD.
Also saving a file...the only place i could seem to save it was in my pictures...It seemed to not show up If I tryed to save It to my music.

But the Burning to a Cd Is my Main problem ...I have some of my first tracks recorded that worked ok. Is there a Burnner with the soft ware??...I tryed my reg burnner and It did not want to work...can anyone help me with This??

Thanks In Advance

Daner

Country Music Plus a bit of rock

(@danersteel)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

The burner software...Is Nero-smart...I think .

Maybe I need some compatable software?

Just a note to add...I can burn reg. music etc...But not my tracks.

ReplyQuote
(@thetallcoolone)
Estimable Member

I'm trying to understand here, is it with your mixer the problem or is it with burning CDs from your PC?
I'm guessing it is with the burning from the PC as this mixer doesn't have a CD burner built in.

Just a wild guess here, are you recording at 48kHz/24 bits?
I had the same problem at one point, NERO couldn't record the tracks I had done at 48kHz.
I had to bring them down to 41.1kHz/16bits, which is the CD standard for music.

Worth checking.

http://www.soundclick.com/thetallcoolone

ReplyQuote
(@danersteel)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I'm trying to understand here, is it with your mixer the problem or is it with burning CDs from your PC?
I'm guessing it is with the burning from the PC as this mixer doesn't have a CD burner built in.

Just a wild guess here, are you recording at 48kHz/24 bits?
I had the same problem at one point, NERO couldn't record the tracks I had done at 48kHz.
I had to bring them down to 41.1kHz/16bits, which is the CD standard for music.

Worth checking.

I Don't know anything about the 48/24 bit and bites stuff...But you may be right.

The Mixer Is brand new....Like me to the recording industry. I have never used this pc to do any mixer recordings.

The manual that came with it really dosent help...Nothing in the help sec. for burning to Cd...So that s why I'm now here...with you guys.

can someone give me a step by step instruction to save the file to music...then to burn to CD??? That woul;d help a ton.

If I do need to get a good Buner software...can you advise me on what will be the best.

Thanks

Daner

ReplyQuote
(@thetallcoolone)
Estimable Member

OK! Lets start from the beginning:
Hi all...I need some tips on a MW12 Mixer.

Obviously this is not where you're having a problem.
It is simply a mixer that you need to hook up to your computer so it can record the sound coming off of it.
Is this assumption right?
The problem that I,m haveing Is: Burnning a file to a CD.
Also saving a file...the only place i could seem to save it was in my pictures...It seemed to not show up If I tryed to save It to my music.
By this, I assume that you have already recorded a sound file onto your computer. Otherwise how could you have some of your music files already on your system?
When you save a file, it is from your recording software that you decide where, on your harddisk, you want the file saved.
But the Burning to a Cd Is my Main problem ...I have some of my first tracks recorded that worked ok. Is there a Burnner with the soft ware??...I tryed my reg burnner and It did not want to work...can anyone help me with This??

Thanks In Advance

Daner
Again, here I have to assume that you have already burned some music onto a CD since you're saying "I have some of my first tracks recorded that worked ok" and "I tryed my reg burnner and It did not want to work"

But then you go on and say "The Mixer Is brand new....Like me to the recording industry. I have never used this pc to do any mixer recordings. "
So which is which? You've done some recording and burning before or not?

And here "The manual that came with it really dosent help...Nothing in the help sec. for burning to Cd", I am assuming that you're talking about your mixer manual.

I've just did a quick check on this Yamaha mixer. It is a USB mixer that comes with the software Cubase LE. This software is what you need to record the mixer output to your PC.
If you go here: http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail/0,,CNTID%25253D63333%252526CNTYP%25253DPRODUCT,00.html
at the bottom of the page you get a quick tutorial on how to set up the software for recording.
This should get you going on the recording part of your problem.

Once your music is recorded and saved on your PC, then you can burn it onto a CD.
For this you need a burning software like NERO ( http://www.nero.com/enu/index.html )

If you're completely new at this, you got to do some reading and searching and the learning curve can be steep at times, depending how good you are with the technology.

Hope this gets you going.
If you need more help just ask away but try to be a bit more specific and presise with your questions.
Help us help you. :D

http://www.soundclick.com/thetallcoolone

ReplyQuote
(@danersteel)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the help all...I have It up and running now...I had to change cu base to a diferent format Yee haaaaaa...Now I have to find out how to use more than 1 track...I will get there
Daner

ReplyQuote