Mic Recordings Are Too Quiet

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@matsuemon)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys,
Lately I've been recording some stuff straight to computer with my microphone. The recordings are always very quiet even if I have the mic level up all the way. I've tried a couple different mics (one is a regular mic and one is a headset) and they both don't record well. Oddly enough, when I'm talking in Skype (a voice chat program) the headset works perfectly and the levels are normal.
So, I guess my question is, what is a good kind of mic to get to record directly to computer? Do they have USB mics out there? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

--Jason

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Do they have USB mics out there? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

--Jason
Yes. I haven't used any of these, so i can't really make a recommendation.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/usb-microphones-pro-audio?N=100001+338409&Ns=P_Price|0&rpp=20

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@johnreelsound)

I have tried a couple of USB mics, an sE and a samson and although they are fairly cheap they dont really do it for me. You can buy a gadget called a micport which effectively turns any mic into a USB mic and I have to say I was very pleased with the results.

john

www.recording-microphones.co.uk

ReplyQuote