Clear all

Mixer Hookup

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@introuble)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hi guuys here is my situation i have a yamaha mg10/2 and a emu-0404 soundcard i would like to have a two way communication between my Mixer to Soundcard AND Soundcard to Mixer i understand that i connect my monitors to the C/R out of the mixer so that i can monitor the level of my mix using the mixer the hting is how do i connect my mixer to soundcard? thanks

(@hueseph)
Noble Member

You do NOT want to send the 4 outs of the 0404 to 4 channels on the mixer. This would cause a feedback loop and that could prove to be a painful experience. What I would look into is getting a 1/4" TRS insert to two 1/4" TS send return cable. this will enable you to use the inserts as direct outs to the 0404. Additionally you could send channels 3 and four to auxilliaries 1 and 2 respectively and use the aux channels as direct outs to the 0404. So you will have a full 4 channels of output to your 0404 giving you 4 seperate tracks to record simultaneously.

You may need to adjust the input level on those two channels (aux 1 and 2 sent to inputs 3 and 4)of the 0404 to -10db. (not sure about this. You can try it a -10 first and if signal is too low you can switch it to +4dbv so long as the signal does not clip at a reasonable volume.).

1 and 2 out from the 0404 should be sent to the 2trk in on the mixer. These are your mix monitor channels.

Did I confuse you more? Sorry.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@introuble)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hi hueseph would be great if u can teach me how to connect with the help of a diagram thanks you very much :)

ReplyQuote