Need help connecting some studio powered monitor speakers

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@havocdragon)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey all.

I just got me 2 KRK Rokit 5s, and currently I am using the XLR output into a Lexicon Omega Desktop for sound. However I would also like to use these speakers through my regular sound card when I am playing games and such, since I have a sound blaster x-fi music card. The sound card itself has only 1 out for front right and front left speakers, so I am not sure how I can connect 2 speakers as stereo into my sound card.

Many animals were harmed in the making of this signature.

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Go to any electronics shop and buy a 1/8" stereo splitter. Preferably gold connectors.

I got one that is a 3-way. I supply audio to my home stereo, a second channel goes to my headphone/mic device and the third can support another pair of speakers. In your case, your KRK Rokit's.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@havocdragon)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Go to any electronics shop and buy a 1/8" stereo splitter. Preferably gold connectors.

I got one that is a 3-way. I supply audio to my home stereo, a second channel goes to my headphone/mic device and the third can support another pair of speakers. In your case, your KRK Rokit's.

Bish, thanks for the help :D . Can you possibly throw me up a link? I have tried searching the net, but I don't think I am finding what you area talking about :cry:

Many animals were harmed in the making of this signature.

ReplyQuote