Clear all

OK, I have another new toy confession

12 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

It's not like I don't have enough toys as it is. I think I went into Ludicrous Speed, to borrow a line from Space Balls.

I got the Native Instrument Komplete Ultimate bundle. No I didn't need it. I don't think I need any of what I've gotten in quite some time. GAS got the better of me, even in studio, software form.

This is the package. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Native-Instruments-Komplete-8-Ultimate-107014227-i2013385.gc I've always kind of dug the new techno stuff or whatever it's called. Things like the first Crystal Method album ("Vegas") or a lot of touches Moby did to songs in his "Play" and "18" albums. I had some Virtual Instruments already that came bundled in Pro Tools, which was part of a bundle itself. I've been dabling here and there on the keyboard (MIDI controller) and have been having a ball.

After much aingst directed at my own PC, a successful hardware install and a few uninstalls & re-installs, 48 out of 50 of the titles are up and running and I'm beginning to play around a bit and even got my first tutorial under my belt.

Oh, and the aingst at my PC was due to somewhere in the ethernet card or related software was a nice little truncation error going on on some of the downloaded update files. Big ones, especially. All is better now and hopefully onward and forward. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Wow! .......... Wow! Roy has gone to plaid!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Wow! .......... Wow! Roy has gone to plaid!
LOL!! Smoke them, if you got them.....

You know... I went to the link and still dont know what it is... but you know... its all good. :D

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

You know... I went to the link and still dont know what it is... but you know... its all good.
It's a multi-headed beast of a bundle. I bought it mostly for it's functionality of being a Virtual Instrument. I can play a note on my MIDI based keyboard and have a sound come out the other end that supposedly sounds ike the instrument I selected. For example, the last time I used one was for the organs and strings sound on my minute-long sample a few weeks ago.

It's also got Guitar Rig, which works very nicely as a plugin within Reaper. come to think of it, I may just as well install the GR functionality onto my laptop where I use Reaper. :)

That, and it's also got loads of synthezisers, which I'm sure you got sick of hearing back in the 80's. LOL

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Great and funny toy. Those things are great, you can play practically everything you want and you'll get lots of fun!

Enjoy! :D

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Very cool, Roy. A friend of mine has that and he has done some really cool orchestral stuff with it. Sounds great!

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

That, and it's also got loads of synthezisers, which I'm sure you got sick of hearing back in the 80's. LOL

Guilty as charged. :D

You know what though... I can build and fix about anything. Rebuild motors, and trannys in my sleap..build a house... sure, a bridge.. yup.. but this tech stuff.... nope I just dont have it... I cant eaven set the clock on the VCR... and ya... I still HAVE a VCR!!! :D

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

It's not like I don't have enough toys as it is. I think I went into Ludicrous Speed, to borrow a line from Space Balls.

I got the Native Instrument Komplete Ultimate bundle. No I didn't need it. I don't think I need any of what I've gotten in quite some time. GAS got the better of me, even in studio, software form.

That's what my friend Roy Howell uses to do these: http://roy-howell-music.com/originalScores.htm

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the link, Doug. Lots of inspiration should come out of listening to that and his songs on the other page. 8) 8)
You know what though... I can build and fix about anything. Rebuild motors, and trannys in my sleap..build a house... sure, a bridge.. yup.. but this tech stuff.... nope I just dont have it... I cant eaven set the clock on the VCR... and ya... I still HAVE a VCR!!!
I'm the opposite, although I do confess to picking and choosing my poisons on the technical side. I'm not a spring chicken and do not have great eyes, much coordination nor a gentle touch. The new smart phones thing is just not doing a thing for me. My wife and son like theirs to no end.

I've forgotten the number, too.

My 1987 VCR still works. I can't find the cable remote anymore, but the VCR still very much works.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

I still track onto VHS!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

It is high speed tape though. My 4 track studio would zip through a cassette in a heart beat. I guess with tape speed = quality. I have heard of using VHS.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Let the beatings begin. be sure to give it to at least 1:25-2:00. fast forward if you need to. just a sample of things to come.
https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=53684

Roy

ReplyQuote