Notifications
Clear all

pre amps and recording

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@thenickhimself)
Topic starter  

i have a Beringer lx1200h and an ART tubeamp studio preamp (im pretending i know what im talking about) i want to record to my computer but have no idea what im doing. please help

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Your owner's manual should be of some assistance. If not, you may have noticed this thread goit moved. There is a sticky post at the top of the section that has links to recording software, much of it free. If worse comes to worse, you could go headphones out on your behringer to mic in on your PC, set some levels and record away. Despite modern technology, sometimes the old standby still work best.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@connelly73)

Got me thinking??? I too had some problems when I first started to record my own stuff trying to find out what I needed and what to do. Might add a section in my own site to help.

Firstly you are off to a good start with the Beringer lx1200h and ART pre amp. I have a peavey amp and a ART pre amp. I connect my guitar into my amp, then I have a pc record out or if not use the headphones out to connect to your pre amp. I use this to record guitar. For vocals I bought a MXL 2003 Mic for about £60 and connect that straight into my ART pre amp.

Next I would say the best thing to get is a good PC audio interface card. Its basically a soundcard for your PC but its designed more for recording audio. I have a M-Audio Delta 44 (look them up on internet) they are not to expensive and are great for recording. The other thing you will need is recording software and you can get free ones from the net. A good one is Audacity.

ReplyQuote