Clear all

Recording Plans Gone Down The Drain

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

My eBay deals for both a Behringer UB802, and a package of mics have gotten scrapped, through no fault of my own. This means I have to try to pick up my stuff some where else. I don't really want to go back to eBay, after two bad deals in a row, from buyers I carefully picked out.

So I need suggestions on some decent equipment, that's not going to cost me a fortune. What are some ideas? I need to start over again, because I can't get the Behringer stuff around here in store, and music123.com and those kind of stores sometimes have weird shipping deals to Canada.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

(@Anonymous)

My eBay deals for both a Behringer UB802, and a package of mics have gotten scrapped, through no fault of my own. This means I have to try to pick up my stuff some where else. I don't really want to go back to eBay, after two bad deals in a row, from buyers I carefully picked out.

So I need suggestions on some decent equipment, that's not going to cost me a fortune. What are some ideas? I need to start over again, because I can't get the Behringer stuff around here in store, and music123.com and those kind of stores sometimes have weird shipping deals to Canada.

I wouldn't give up on eBay just yet. I waited a few weeks and I got a Shure condenser microphone, UB802 mixer, and some cables for $70 shipped. The mixer was BRAND NEW that the owner had doubles of and the mic was mint! Plus I have 2 Behringer XM8500 mics coming that I got from eBay that were from a church for $24 shipped.

Otherwise, Music123, Musician's Friend, zzSounds, American Musical Supply, etc are your only other options. Or you could drive to the closest big city and find a music store there that carries what you need...Also I just thought of craig's list (google it) to see if anyone in your area is selling used equipment.

I'm sorry I can't offer you more...

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

That's alot Mike, any more I'd have to return the favour 8)

I think I might wait a few weeks and see what comes up on eBay, I've had countless good transcations before these, but I'm just a little bitter having two bad in two weeks.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Well. You could steer clear of Behringer all together if you wanted to. Nudge nudge. Hint hint. How bout a USB interface? Toneport UX2 $250 Cdn. instrument level/mic level input, amp and mic preamp modelling, effects modelling, +48v Phantom power for condensers. The Ux1 for $150.00 no phantom power or analog meters but all the other features of the UX2. I ordered a Tapco Link.USB which comes with Tracktion 2 from music123.com for $149.00Cdn. No tax. $15.00 shipping. The killer is that they are on back order. I don't know when they will ship.

There are also the Alesis IO2 http://www.djdeals.com/alesisIO2.htm , the M-Audio mobile pre USB, M-audio podcast factory which includes an interface and mic. and comes with Live lite M-audio edition, M-audio Fast Track studio which is essentially the same as the podcast studio. All of these are $150.00

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Do you have Gumtree.com in your area? It's a website for selling your old items that's hugely popular with the Australians and Kiwis who get to London and need somewhere to crash/ a car/ a guitar/ a job and so on, and I picked up a nice little nylon string guitar from a girl who was going home to Oz. They don't do payment or clearing services, you e-mail the seller and arrange to meet. My son sold a car there, and I had a gas oven on there for a while but nobody wanted it.

Always worth a shot.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

sorry to hear of your problems with ebay.
if you don't mind, what was the nature of the deals that fell thru?
i've been very wary of doin the ebay thing but i must admit Mikespe and a few others have me very tempted.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Alan: In Canada/North America we have Craigslist. Very similar to Gumtree.com . http://vancouver.craigslist.org/
Mike: On the right hand side, you will see the list of available citys. Click on the major city that you are closest to. Bookmark it. It's addictive.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

sorry to hear of your problems with ebay.
if you don't mind, what was the nature of the deals that fell thru?
i've been very wary of doin the ebay thing but i must admit Mikespe and a few others have me very tempted.

One fell through because the best offer I gave included shipping and they weren't supposed to accept it but did. The other, the seller had a customs violation or something and the package is now where to be seen, full refund back for both though.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Off he Goes: What is your maximum budget, what quality are you after and what do you want to record? (electric, accoustic, vocals, drums, whatever) Behringer ain't the only brand around and it might be that you could be better of with another brand.

ReplyQuote