recording question

16 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

HI

First of all I have never recrded anything I have Audacity and have been playing around with it but how do I post one of my recordings here ?? :oops:

I can't play the guitar very good as I am only learning but what the #$ck I 'll try anything once , just tell me how to get it from my PC to this webb site please .........

:idea: be nice
Hilch

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

You use a place like sounclick.com or dmusic.com (I prefer dmusic, but that's just because that's the one I ended up with) to host the file. Then you put up a link in one of your posts to your account out there and voila! You have music out here.

If you need any help figuring it out, there are many people here who will help. If you catch me online with any of my messengers I'll be glad to help.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Just to give you and idea here is a link to a DMusic account I just set up. There is nothing significant there just a test but you will get the idea.

http://nilse.dmusic.com/

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

thanks people just one more question :oops:

gunslinger said
Then you put up a link in one of your posts to your account out there and voila! You have music out here.

how do I do that ??? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

do I copy and paste the address from dmusic ? then paste it to the bottom of post ? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
thats all I did here
http://hilch.dmusic.com/

thanks
be nice :idea:
hilch

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

Actually, what you just did will work fine. Post that link, and let people know what the name of the track is.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

thanks heaps
nils and gunslinger really appreciate it :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Aghhhh I played a little bit of my guitar and recorded it , then I called it test pilot then I put it on DC MUSIC it's on featured track but for some reason I can't get it to play .

It was just a test run can anyone tell me what I may have done wrong ???????

please

hilch

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

Well, assuming it's in your uploaded folder, there is a little star to the left that may need to be clicked. I had clicked it off playing around with some tracks, and I couldn't figure out what I had done wrong, but nothing was showing up.

If it's something else, then I'm not sure.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

thanks

thats exactly what I did as well , I'm totally lost

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Did you convert it to an MP3 or playable format? When I click it, it says that the format is not supported.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I might just delete and start again

:mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

It is definitely there but looks like it is not a valid mp3 format so if you still have it in Audacity try to export it as mp3 and see if it will play with Windows Media player.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

Oh, and something that got me with Audacity was which MP3 format. Use the more compatible one, not the more flexable one (which was the default when I started it I believe).

I'll probably have a hundred little notes here just remembering what little things bit me in the butt.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

ahhhh my stupid computor won't open my lame dll which converts into mp3 thats my problem ........

in AUDICITY I only need to export it as a MP3 don't I ?????

it keep saying the libary won't open ??? I have no idea what that means

back to the drawing table for me then
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I have deleted it now

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

When mine did that it sent a pop up message that told me the first time I would have to go out and manually find the .dll file. So you head out to like C:windowssystem32 or something like that and the file is sitting in there. If you cant get it to work, PM me your email and I'll send you the DLL file. Then you should be able to point Audacity to it and it should work.

Might want to remind me the name of the file too. I think it tells you the name of the file you need in the pop up.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2