6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@avikchaks)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hey
i'ma newbie in this field , so plz dont feel shy to offer any advice ! :lol:
i'v figured how to go about recording tracks .. and i could play and record a different track as well ... but the problem i'm facing is this .....

after i'v recorded 2 tracks .. next time i press record it creates a new track ...how do i continue wid any one of the previous tracks and not create a third unnecessary one ?

also wid each consecutive track .. there seems to be more hum added , or noise if u will .. is this normal ?

after i'v recorded the song .. it's that it .. is there any way to remove buzz and noise or polish it up in general ...

any directions/suggestions in the regard would be highly appreciated !

thanx !l

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

In Audacity I have not figured out how to stop it from starting a new track when I hit record. So what I did was put the cursor at the end of the prior track so the new track starts there. Then I cut and paste the new track to the end of the prior track when done.

The hum you are getting is probably because you are starting to overdrive your sound card. You can tinker with the project sample rate on the FILE/PREFERENCES/Quality panel to minimize it.

After a track is recorded you can apply effects by selecting the track and going to the effects menu.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

By the way, Kristal Audio Engine does let you continue on the same track. It also has much better effects built in plus you can add VST plugins

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@avikchaks)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thanx nils

about the hum ..it's just a cheap microphone i guess .. no luck wid the sample rate ... i'll have to get a bettr one i guess .

am downloading the krystal audio utility .. i'll be happy if i run into any luck wid that ! :P

i cud try copy pasting .. but i'm workin on simultaneous parts like acoustic rythm and lead < wich is also acoustic for obvious reasons > and i want to hear the other tracs while recording .

i'm sure there's sum way around it .. how cud audacity be so good if it doesnt provide this feature !?!

:wink:

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

If you don't like what you've put on a track in audacity, you right-click on the track and select "Destroy clip" from the drop down menu.

The other thing is that the track must have focus - click on the area to the left of the wave plot.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I downloaded Kristal too. I cant wait to play with the features and compare it to Audacity.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote