SERIOUS PROBLEM...

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@marshallscottw)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I am SO pissed off right now..
After posting like 10 different topics on Soundcards and in-home recording studios, today I finally got it all running and recorded half of one of my songs. After using Kristal Audio Engine and recording for awhile, I remembered that I bought a Soundblaster Live! Soundcard a few months ago but it wasnt in my computer but in one of my computer desk drawers.
So... I pulled that sucker out, plugged it into a PCI slot and installed the software.
Welp.
Guess what.
It does not work one bit, no sound from the speakers, no signal from my line-in to line-out -computer to amp- connection. NOTHING. AT ALL..
So, before I paniced.. I decided to just use my old built-in soundcard isntead until I discovered what the problem is. Welp, it's gone, I have no idea what happened. I searched all of my hardware, its not there..
WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?!?

"You're a God among insects. Never let anyone tell you differenately." -Magneto, XMen

(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Hi
Sorry to hear of your struggles.
Maybe an idiotic advice, but have you opened Windows sound controls and checked what mixer units it has and that in/out ports are activated and not disabled.

And you can´t find the the two "soundcards" and their drivers under System/Hardware/Units (sound,video and game units)?

If you are using XP, do system reset to the day before you installed the new soundcard, it may re-install your old "soundcard" with its drivers.
I.e. run (msconfig) and start system reset...

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Before you go throwing the card into the trash. Check : Right click the speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen/ adjust audio properties/audio tab. Now make sure that Soundblaster Live! is set as your default recording and playback device. Select "use only preferred devices" click ok. Now double click that speaker icon/options/properties/ make sure "line in" is selected as your input device. Turn up the volume. Make sure that no other devices are selected as input. So, no "aux" or "phone" or "Stereo out" . That should fix it.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote