Notifications
Clear all

Windows won't "hear" USB Mixer

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@pinkyfingerman)
Topic starter  

I have a Peavey PV10 mixer with a USB output. I 'used' to connect this to the computer via the USB cable and use for recording, but windows can't 'hear' anything coming from this mixer any longer. I have tried different USB ports and cables, booted the board before Windows starts, etc. checked all the settings, but to no avail.

I am using a Creative Audigy sound card, though I don't think it matters what I'm using. Other computer sounds work fine in my monitor system and speakers, and I realize I can route this mixer into the sound card, but it was nice to go direct to disk without the sound card before.

I moved on the weekend, this worked before the move but won't work now, and nothing is really connected any differently.
I see no place in windows to 'check' input from a USB mixer, other than the normal settings which are all telling me it's 'working normally'. Other USB devices work fine.

HELP! :)

John (Pinky) Fingerman

(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Right click the speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Click adjust audio properties/Audio. Make sure that playback device is set to PV10 or whatever the device is called in that window. If you have selected direct monitoring in your mixer, you will need to plug your speakers into the mixer rather than your soundcard.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@pinkyfingerman)
Topic starter  

Thanks, done all of that already, but it turns out there is a Windoze problem with drivers and I require a formatting and fresh re-install of Windoze. I'm starting to get various blue screens on boot up mentioning various missing files for Windoze, so it's re-install time.
Thanks for your reply!
John

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Which version of Windows?

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote