Notifications
Clear all

Breedlove

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@omegaman)
Topic starter

I own a few Breedloves, and like them very much, as others out here may as well. It is slim pickins' to find much information about them or their mandos and especially the guitars, but many stores around the country carry the line. So, in hopes of disseminating and sharing ideas about them, I created a forum for the brand which is in no way shape or form affilated with the Breedlove Guitar Company.

If this is against forum rules to post, moderator, please delete. If not, take a look if you are interested and feel free to join in and tell us your thoughts or experiences.

Here is the url to the forum, and thanks for reading this! Happy playing.

Breedlove Guitar and Mandolin forum

http://www.breedloveforum.yuku.com/

Posted : 20/08/2006 5:09 pm
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Never heard of them. Are they high-end guitars or maybe hand made? I looked at the pictures on your website and they look nice. How do they sound?

Posted : 20/08/2006 5:25 pm
 Oric
(@oric)
Estimable Member

Yea, they're definitely high end. They make a lot of very expensive custom guitars, but they have lower end production models, which are still amazing. We have a catalog of theirs here, can't afford them, but the pictures sure are nice to look at.

Posted : 20/08/2006 6:01 pm
(@omegaman)
Topic starter

To answer gently, there was a Yahoo Groups forum for Breedlove that the moderator disbanded for an unknown reason. Thus...

Breedloves range from the category of Santa Cruz's on the high end with similar build quality in their Master Class to what amounts to Asian made Atlas for lower priced, more entry level markets. Made in Oregon they use quite a bit of highly figured myrtlewood which some say sounds like a cross between maple and rosewood. They also are quite ingenious at designeing innovative models, and are like taylor, known for their lineup of cutaways they offer.

I have two, and like them both very much. Although they are similar in the woods they use, one is nylon stringed the other is steel.

Well, their detailing is outstanding, sporting more expensive bindings, bridge systems, and inlays.

I believe quite a few stores carry them around the country, at least 4 or so that I am aware of in the Chicago area, and I am sure there are more here that I don't know about. I only find it interesting that there are so many out there but not much in the way of information about them, other than the Mandolin Cafe as Breedlove has quite a mando lineup and are fairly well respected for those as well.

http://www.breedloveforum.yuku.com/

Posted : 20/08/2006 6:08 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I've moved this to the unabashed site promotion forum

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 20/08/2006 6:09 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Works for me.

I've owned two, a SC20 Koa which was great and a Northwest which I still own.

They are amazing guitars.

Posted : 20/08/2006 6:19 pm