Clear all

Claude Johnson "Guitar Control Secrets"

13 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@jamonkey)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Well, I certianly hope I'm in the right place for this. Tis my first post and I'm wondering if anybody tried out this Claude Johnson guitar course...I have to say i'm a bit sceptical but if it can deliver on half of these bold claims it would be worth the money

The address...in case you haven't a clue what I speak of...

http://www.guitarcontrol.com/main.php

Posted : 22/08/2006 5:59 am
(@lummoxx)
Trusted Member

Sounds too good to be true, and that usually means it is.

I wouldn't spend my money on it.

------
Lummoxx
-Fender Stratocaster Splatter
-Line6 GuitarPort
-Marshall Half Stack MG100HDFX/MG412 Cab
-Boss "Heavy Metal" HM-2
-Current GAS Pain: WARBEAST!

Posted : 22/08/2006 12:30 pm
(@flashback)
Reputable Member

"What If You Could Download
Jimi Hendrix's Virtuosity & Power...
Joe Satriani's Fluidity and Control...
Carlos Santana's Heart-Warming Feel...
Into Your Fingers In Just 115 Minutes?"

Dont forget Estabons superb equipment and craftmenship!

:P

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

Posted : 22/08/2006 12:59 pm
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member

I hate to sound skeptical here, but was there a real question as the point of this post, or is this just blatant spamming? The wording of the post sounds more like a presentation vehicle than an introduction and a legitimate question. I don't mean to sound harsh here, but if this is promotional - just come out and say it, please don't try to be cute about it.

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

Posted : 22/08/2006 3:06 pm
(@banre)
Reputable Member

drewsdad = Hammer + Nail

I vote for a move into the Unabashed promotion forum.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

Posted : 22/08/2006 3:25 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

drewsdad = Hammer + Nail

I vote for a move into the Unabashed promotion forum.

there it is then 8)

#4491....

Posted : 22/08/2006 3:36 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Moved to the unabashed..........

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 22/08/2006 4:01 pm
(@jamonkey)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

No, I don't even know the guy. I told everyone I was a bit skeptical...and that was sort of an understatement. I've never seen anyone make such bold claims.

I don't want to give my life story, so I'll be to the point...I just started playing guitar last summer and I got Doug Marks Metal Method, and that course worked miracles...I bought it even though I was skeptical because of the bold claims but as far as I'm concerned it delivered.

I was basically asking if anybody checked out that course before, because I didn't want to get screwed (like I did w/ Fret2Fret...yes I fell for that stupid claim).

It sounds too good to be true, but Metal Method did too...it turned out to be great, I don't want to dismiss something that has a chance of being the best thing that happened to my guitar playing

(and no I'm not a promoter of Metal Method either).

Posted : 22/08/2006 8:13 pm
(@jamonkey)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Sorry though, now that you mentioned it...it did seem a bit cutesy the way I worded it. I tried to put on on english accent, but it doesn't seem to work when you type it.

THE BOTTOM LINE QUESTION:

Would anyone bother trying this and give it a review? (I'd do it, but I'm short on cash)

Again, sorry that I came across as a spammer.

Posted : 22/08/2006 8:21 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Hmmmmm........

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 22/08/2006 8:42 pm
(@davidhodge)

Another option would be to have Mr. Johnson submit the course to any Guitar Noise moderator for review, which we'd post up on our Reviews page...

Peace

Posted : 24/08/2006 3:12 am
(@jamonkey)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks, I'll e-mail him, because that sounds like a good idea.

Posted : 24/08/2006 4:03 am
(@dpayetta)

Well, I certianly hope I'm in the right place for this. Tis my first post and I'm wondering if anybody tried out this Claude Johnson guitar course...I have to say i'm a bit sceptical but if it can deliver on half of these bold claims it would be worth the money

The address...in case you haven't a clue what I speak of...

http://www.guitarcontrol.com/main.php

I haven't played in years...so I took the plunge. The tape is beyond amateur. I got conned into the whole "control"... brain to hand b.s. There are NO real systematic instructions here. The CD was produced for under $5. Its extremely unprofessional...there are no graphic replays or scale shapes or tab.....its a bunch of sloppy riff playing with zero planning. In fact...it looks like Claude just smoked a few joints before filming this on his personal video cam. I don't like to rip stuff apart...and I have never posted anything before. I just wish I read a real review from someone like this before I wasted my time and money! They even sent me an extra course and charged me. Its not about the money...... the quality is beyond poor. I have more guitar control and I haven't played in 7 years! The claims sound good..... but you'll just get a video of a confused looking, unprepared guy riffing infront of a bedsheet hanging from his bedroom ceiling. To deliver what was promised...a person would have to be an excellent, smooth player and good communicator. Claude is neither.

Posted : 26/02/2010 1:46 am