10 Users
0 Likes
(@bill_gates_jr)
Eminent Member

HELLO Little Brother

This is off topic but

Dirt Road Blues

I ran across a breif tab lesson and vidieo somewher now I cant find it

I have the e pinch and hammeron thing down but I am very thirsty for something to do with it

Could you feed me a little more Dirt Road Blues !!!!!

Signed

Thirsty for the Blues

Posted : 30/08/2006 5:06 pm
(@kblake)
Reputable Member

Hey BG Jnr,

If you like this lesson go to http://www.littlebrotherblues.com/ and "BUY" a lesson from Little Brother and you will get access to his "by (buy) invitation only" forum and it has a link to all of his old lessons.

This site of Little Brothers is an absolute treasure trove of Blues lessons.
Here is one of his lessons..3 songs in one lesson (and all for $12.95US)

"Scratch My Back - Can I Do Something - Walkin on E
Dead Thumb Blues teaches your thumb to play a single steady bass note with each chord. This lesson series contains three complete tunes including Lightnin' Hopkins style "Scratch My Back" in the key of E, Mance Lipscombs style with "Can I Do Something For You" a Memphis Minnie classic in the key of G and a little Texas style number I call "Walkin on E" which forces you to explore the fretboard by walking up to a cool lick or two while holding down a solid E bass note and chord. This grooving triple lesson is sure to satisfy and give you many months of chops building exercises that will make you a better and more versatile blues player. If you can master the monotone or Dead Thumb bass technique you will have a thumb of steel. This could be a starting point for beginners but better suited for someone with some guitar playing under their belt. A great way to break into fingerpicking for the first time. Scratch my back alone is worth the price of admission for this lesson. As seen in Acoustic Player Magazine. All movies and tabs downloadable for safe keeping and offline use. Mac or PC compatable."

Sorry for rambling on, but if you want to play the Blues here is a worthy place to start....
Great site Doug..

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

Posted : 30/08/2006 11:13 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

+1

I bought and started working on LB's "Blues in A" lesson but had to put it aside temporarily to learn bass. However, LB's stuff is great and highly recommended.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 31/08/2006 1:27 am
Page 2 / 2