Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

Great Lesson Site..

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I found this site in a google search and thought everyone might like it...you can even download the entire site to your computer...

Guitar Lesson World

Posted : 19/07/2005 6:28 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hey mike,
These lessons i had been onto earlier , but IMHO these are not for an absolute beginner.These are quite incomplete in theory .I find the about link the best beginner's one or the lessons at blackbeltguitar.com.

Anyways , how's ur behringer vtone.i like ur scooby doo avatar.(scooby doo , where are you ? :lol: )

Posted : 19/07/2005 7:44 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hey John,

I'll tell you...learning to play now compared to 15 years ago is SOOOO much easier/better! What I mean by EASIER/BETTER is that with the Internet I have access to not only text based lessons but also the audio/video files that go with those lessons. These files are KEY to my (and I'll better most people's) learning...

Knowing how something is SUPPOSED to sound really helps...for me in the past my strumming has always been the challenge...but now after one week of practice I can do many of the ones listed HERE at the bottom of the page! That may not sound like much to most people but for me its a HUGE accomplishment!...

My current goal is chord progressions...they seem to be my latest challenge...

I have also memorized the Major Pentatonic Scale (well not the notes but I can play it without looking!)...and for fun I have fooled around with the intros for One by Metallica, Day Tripper by The Beatles, and Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple...now mind you...I don't KNOW all these intros but I have been just toying with parts of them..

Posted : 19/07/2005 8:26 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hey your doing good mike, i think.Even i don't have a teacher and my wide neck high action classical guitar sores my fingers everyday , but finally i am able to play and SHIFT barre chords 8)

Posted : 21/07/2005 7:18 pm