Skip to content
Want to find out th...

Notifications
Clear all

Want to find out the truth about Ovation and Adamas Guitars?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@mtnbikerfred)
Topic starter

One of the moderators here got flamed pretty bad on this board for expressing his opinion about buying used Ovation Guitars in an article he wrote. If anyone here has questions, or just wants to find out if an "older Ovation" is a good deal, come on over.

Ovation Fan Club

Posted : 20/07/2005 3:48 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Thanks, but I'll stay here - a stream of profanity from members of your board, who hadn't even bothered to properly read what was said (if at all) is something that I can happily live without.

Before making any comment, I did make the effort to go to your site and read the entire thread, from start to finish.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 20/07/2005 8:31 am
 P0RR
(@p0rr)
Estimable Member

I read the comments on the board and re-read the article and found the article to be much more informative. The only thing I learned from the board was that the 1st Amendment doesn't seem to apply to some authors ;-)

By the way, I really enjoyed that GuitarNoise article on used guitars and just ordered a guitar from FatDawg's which I never would have known about if not for this article. Thanks again for this article and thanks to all the moderators who work hard to maintain the high standards this site has set.

Keep the faith....

Posted : 20/07/2005 4:55 pm
(@mtnbikerfred)
Topic starter

Thanks, but I'll stay here - a stream of profanity from members of your board, who hadn't even bothered to properly read what was said (if at all) is something that I can happily live without.

Before making any comment, I did make the effort to go to your site and read the entire thread, from start to finish.

Thanks Greybeard!! As you found out, anyone can read threads and search the archives for information about an "older Ovation", not just members. Sorry the OFC is so easily upset. I'm pretty sure you'd get the same reaction from any other guitar maker's fan club if anyone said "Probably should steer clear of:" any old TayMarAvee... I'm defending the position, not the profanity, and trying to make available a valuble resource for anyone who wants information about a specific brand used guitar. Just go search for the model number. The OFC is even listed on the Ovation and Adamas websites as a resource.

Posted : 20/07/2005 5:21 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I'm not even going to dignify OFC with any further comment.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 20/07/2005 5:36 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Ah well, I took my lumps, some of them deserved.

It isn't plastic, it's lyrachord. I shouldn't have said that. It is insulting to Ovation owners and for that I apologize.

And there are some great deals on older Ovations. If you are considering one check out the forum link above and ask some questions.

Yes there were one or two posts I could've done without, but there are also some reasonable and well informed people there with a lot more information and experience than I have with Ovations.

As with ANY guitar, check it out carefully before you buy.

Peace and play well whichever guitar you end up with.

Posted : 20/07/2005 10:45 pm