Notifications
Clear all

* * * * Learn How To Run On Acoustic Guitar * * * *

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@beast-from-the-east)
Topic starter

This is a video that describes how to play Run on the acoustic guitar.
Run is defined in Wikipedia as:

"Run is a music genre that is categorized by its reggae, punk, breakbeat, and street influences.
Its most notable characteristic is the often, but not exclusive, use of reggae "chop" chords, and consecutive finger and hand hits on the guitar's body."

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7175544336065122214&q=fretwide&total=9&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=8

This is the link to the video:
Its broken down into 5 or six parts explaining how to play a break beat, a chop, and "build ups"

Posted : 08/07/2007 3:00 am
(@beast-from-the-east)
Topic starter

I was banned from Ultimate Guitar for posting a thread about how to play Run on acoustic guitar, I was told that I was advertising, this video is not for profit, fame or anything like that. It is an instructional video to evolve acoustic guitar playing. thank you guitar noise moderators for letting this post be available. respect -

Posted : 09/07/2007 4:02 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I was watching a couple of minutes and it is nice. If I get some free time I'll watch all the video.

Nuno

Posted : 09/07/2007 4:22 pm
(@beast-from-the-east)
Topic starter

I appreciate it Nuno, if you want to skip through the video heres the chapter listing,

Part 2, 3, and 4 get more interesting showing you how to play a break beat on the guitar while chopping.

Beginners Guide To Run is broken down into 5 segments:

* Part 1: The Chop : 00:20 - 04:25

* Part 2: Rhythm Fundamentals : 04:25 - 08:43

* Part 3: Run Fundamentals : 08:43 - 13:00

* Part 4: Build Ups : 13:00 - 20:10

* Part 5: Build Ups Freestyle : 20:10 - END

"Beginners Guide To Run" demonstrates how to perform the chop that is used in reggae and ska, the foundation groove rhythm the "Forty Four". BGTR shows a step by step introduction to "Run" Build Ups such as the Non-Stop, the Non-Stop Fade Away, the Steady, the Double Time, the Double Chop and more. Part 5: Build Ups Freestyle incorporates The Forty Four into a Break into a Non-Stop Fade Away ending with the Steady.

Posted : 09/07/2007 9:19 pm
(@beast-from-the-east)
Topic starter

Here is another example of Run,
This is not an advertisement, this is just an instructional video to show a new technique at playing the acoustic guitar.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=6456447

Posted : 09/07/2007 9:25 pm
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Ooh you make it look so easy, but I just had a go at it, and its not :lol:

I shall persevere tho' I think it is a great style to learn and can be adapted to many songs. 8)

Thanks for the link.

rod. :wink:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

Posted : 09/07/2007 9:34 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

if you want to skip through the video heres the chapter listing,
Ok, thanks! :)

Anyway, I'll watch all the video, I'm pretty sure I'll learn something.

Thanks!

Posted : 09/07/2007 9:55 pm