Clear all

New guitar gear and music theory blog

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@gishdog)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Note Theory has been recieving a ton of hits from these forums. I appreciatte the support. Right now, I am averaging 300 unique visitors a day... that's amazing. I have alot of content planned, and even some reviews and giveaways in the near future. Make sure you bookmark it and check back a few times a week.

Two more lessons online: The Major Scale From The Beginning and Major Scales Part 2 - Chords

The other two lessons have recieved very solid response; Circle of Fifths Demystified and the D-A-F Roadmap (being able to play 3 different positions of any major chord)

Leave me a comment on the blog if you find it useful or if you have ideas for future posts. If the site helps you out, click on one of the google ads or use the google search.

Thanks,

Gishdog
http://notetheory.blogspot.com

Posted : 20/05/2006 7:16 pm
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I'm always just a tad suspicious of folks with 2 or 3 posts on a site who then promote their own. Usually with fairly good reason.

From your site...

"It's that simple. These are all notes that can be played in the key of C major without sounding like they don't belong.
Another example, F major:
F - G - A - A# - C - D - E - F"

Major scales are diatonic.

That means you never have the same letter twice - you can't have A and A# in the same major scale.

Pardon me if I don't bookmark.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 21/05/2006 6:06 am
(@gishdog)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I'm always just a tad suspicious of folks with 2 or 3 posts on a site who then promote their own. Usually with fairly good reason.

From your site...

"It's that simple. These are all notes that can be played in the key of C major without sounding like they don't belong.
Another example, F major:
F - G - A - A# - C - D - E - F"

Major scales are diatonic.

That means you never have the same letter twice - you can't have A and A# in the same major scale.

Pardon me if I don't bookmark.

Fair enough... I created the post at work and didn't proofread very carefully... A# = Bb. Sorry for the mistake. I will make the correction and move on. This site is
a free site, so you can't really lose anything by going to it... If I make an error (and we all do at some point) then I will make the correction.

Gishdog
http://notetheory.blogspot.com

Posted : 21/05/2006 8:10 pm