Topic starter

One Hounded and Twenty Five

Printable Guitar Chord Charts

More Than 1200 Chord Formations

Get Them At

http://printablechordchartsonline.com/

Hope This Info Is Helpful

A little bit about me as recommended by drewsdad:

I chose to start a business marketing music related products because that is a strong area of interest for me. I own and play four guitars. A Fender Strat, A Telecustic, A Yamaha FG 331 Acoustic, and a worked up Kmart special w/ a double hum bucker. I also own and play a korg piano.

I am not going to list my musical interests because there is very little I do not like. My youngest son plays the drums (he is at his lesson as I type this) as well as my oldest boy plays piano.

I spent last year in Kuwait away from my family and vowed to start a business when I returned so that eventually I could be my own boss and have more time to be with the ones I love and do the things I love to do.
Like start a band and play out and around. Now that I have retired from 25yrs in the Army Reserve I only have to replace my day job with something to make that dream come true. And my site is just the beginning.

The way people arrive at my site is by coming to get what they are looking for. They give me their name and e-mail address and I send them printable chord charts like they asked for along with a newsletter that contains free guitar lessons, tips and yes recommendations to some great music related software or instructional materials or anything else musical that I find to be of value to myself and others.

The difference between the programs and instructional courses that I recommend and the free stuff that I and others offer on the net is as follows:

The free stuff that most people offer, including me, is great.
So why is this a problem you may ask?
It isn't a problem it is great.
The thing that the courses, programs etc offer however is an outline to guide you from beginning to end on a particular area or areas or interest of instruction.
A statement that someone once told me and I apply to many things in my life because it makes a lot of sense is: If you want to be a brain surgeon, study from someone who has done it already.

READ THIS ONE CAREFULLY: none of the programs or courses that I recommend come with magic wands, the spirit of Stevie Ray Vaughan hidden in a little bottle that you just inhale and BAM!!! Now you are a great guitarist or anything else of the sort. You have to apply yourself and practice, but that is ok because any great guitarist will tell you that they have paid their dues. Besides, that is were the feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction comes from in any thing.

The programs and or courses that I recommend are also very affordable and attractively priced and come with money back satisfaction guarantees and or in some cases free trials before you buy.

So check it out. If you like let me know. If you don't like let me know. It is all good either way.

To your musical pleasure
Everett

PS: If you are interested in marketing anything
on the net, here is the link to the course that will save you
from learning the hard way from scratch: http://www.marketingtips.com/t.cgi/835052
:

Everett L. Fortin III
MAJ, TC
USAR Retired
Internet Marketing Consulting: http://www.marketingtips.com/t.cgi/835052

Posted : 15/08/2005 3:28 am
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Seems like a marketing ploy to me. First link is a get rich quick site then the second one for free charts requires an e-mail address. I think the first site is the one that really wants the e-mail address.

If I am wrong I apologize

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 15/08/2005 12:14 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

The second URL leads to a non-existent page.

Very professional.

I tried again, with a different email address. This took me to a page that confirmed what I had entered.

HOWEVER...................

Very soon afterwards, I received this email:
A quick note to our valued newsletter subscribers.

.................. You should notice the pdf attachment with this e-mail.
PS.
Is Learning the Guitar Taking You Forever?
Well it needn't be!
Slash the frustration, aggravation, and time of learning
with Jamorama – The Ultimate Guitar Learning Kit.
Learn to play like Eric Clapton, U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers,
and Bob Dylan in a fraction of the time it would take you
with regular guitar lessons.
Let me help you.You get the benefit of 14 years of experience risk free!
Amaze all of your friends! ..........................................
I'd love to hear what you think about this information!
Please send your comments, questions, and ideas for
up coming information and tell me what's working for you.
I appreciate all of your feed back......................................
Send your questions and advice to:

[email protected]............................

Thanks!
Everett

Your feedback matters to us!

You are subscribed to Printable Chord Charts Online Guitar Tips as
the e-mail address in the To field of this e-mail [email protected]...........................................
--------------------------------------------------
Copyright 2005 Printable Chord Charts Online
All Rights Reserved. Printable Chord Charts Online
and Guitar Tips are trademarks of Printable Chord Charts Online.
You agree to the following by accepting and reading this:

You understand the information provided by Printable Chord Charts Online
is to be a method of guitar instruction
and not professional advice. It is only to be
used for personal entertainment purposes. You are
solely responsible for the use of the ideas,
concepts, and content and hold Printable Chord Charts Online and all members and affiliates
harmless in any event or claim
Thank You for subscribing to:

Printable Chord Charts Online Guitar Tips

I've removed bits of blurb (see the ......................)

There is NO mention on his website that anyone is subscribing to anything.

The remainder of his site seems to be yet ANOTHER genius who's going to make me play like Hendrix, Clapton and anyone else you can think of in the blink of an eye - for just $xx.99 a month.

I bridged 10 minutes of boredom doing this - don't waste YOUR time following my footsteps.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 15/08/2005 12:22 pm
(@everettfortin)
Topic starter

Thank you Greybeard. I am very new at this and trying to be as helpfull to others as possable. I am not sure what second URL you were refering to regarding the non existant page. I have double checked my links and none of them are dead ends that I could find. Perhaps there was a server issue at that particular time. Could you please clerafy which link is suposidly dead for me.
Also I appriciate you cut and pasting Select Parts of the letter that people get when they sign up for the Free chord charts....However I wish you didn't leave out the part about how easy it is to unsubscribe to the free guitar tips and info news letter if they wish.

Ps. I went to your site last night. It is outstanding keep up the great work. Lots of straight forward helpfull instruction.

Thanks again
Everett

Everett L. Fortin III
MAJ, TC
USAR Retired

Posted : 15/08/2005 10:07 pm
(@everettfortin)
Topic starter

I am sorry, did I post my site in the wrong area? I am pretty sure I posted it under,,,Unabashed site or product promotions.(PRODUCT PROMOTIONS) did I read that English corectly
I went to your site and clicked on some of your links. I especialy liked the one with the picture of your guitar. It lead me to some great gear that I could purchase. Are you an affilliate for all of the sales sites your site links to. Looks like a great way to make money. Or are you offering that stuff for free and just showing the prices to show us how much we will be keeping in our pockets. If it is free I will take one of everything. (only one, I wouldn't want to be labeled as interested in money)

Thank You Nils
Everett

PS: Are those google adds I see at the top right side of this page. Hmmmm... looks like payed advertising to me. Oh wait ..and is that a banner add at the very top. My God people are trying to shove stuff down my throat, quick, turn away, don't look.

Everett L. Fortin III
MAJ, TC
USAR Retired

Posted : 15/08/2005 10:58 pm
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member

Just a suggestion here, take it for what it is worth, if you want to avoid what you feel is unwarranted criticism, slow down and introduce yourself, tell everyone what you and your site are all about, first. Unfortunately, same day registrations and advertisments are pretty typical of "drive-by spammings" that we get and it is easy to be suspicious of that kind of pattern. Getting angry and caustic doesn't help people understand who you are or what your message is. This is a great group if you approach it from that standpoint.

Good luck.

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

Posted : 16/08/2005 12:50 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

First thing Everett, you have edited your original post so others don't get the same impression that Greybeard and I got. Removing your first link to a site that encourages people to "learn how to make money quick" was a good idea. If it was guitar related that would have been fine however, not guitar related it is SPAM.

Second, telling someone to go to a site and get "free stuff" then requiring them to provide an e-mail id to get it is not good form. I don't need to be on one more mailing list and how am I to know that you don't sell your lists.

Third, any links that you find on my site are not there for marketing purposes. They are only information and they are guitar related. And no I am not affiliated with any of them and don't make a penny off of my site and do not intend to.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 16/08/2005 1:24 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

My criticism of your site was primarily that you ask for an email address and don't bother to tell anyone that this is to subscribe to a newsletter, you hide behind the downloading of a load of chord charts.

Failure to inform the recipient of their "subscription" and then sending emails is called "unsolicited mail" and is a criminal offence in several countries around the world (perhaps not in the US).

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 16/08/2005 4:13 pm
(@everettfortin)
Topic starter

Thank you Drewsdad. You are right. It is just that, well, yes I did take offense to being labeled as trying to promote a get rich quick scheme.

I took the link out of my signature based on what Nils said. Then I see today he is basicly accusing me of trying to hide something by pulling it. Comon guy ,make up your mind. If it is any consolation I felt he was partially correct. I appologize if I come accross as caustic. I am after all a native Rhode Islander and if you think New Yorkers are bad well sorry guys it is in the blood. I yam whats I yam. No offense to anyone.
That link was to a program that walks you through from beginning to end how to set up an on line businesses relating to anything you choose. Music, cars, motorcycles, baby wipes, whatever. Not a get rich quick scheme by any means. It takes a lot of time and effort and time and effort and did I mention time.

I own and play four guitars. A Fender Strat, A Telecustic, A Yamaha FG 331 Acustic , and a worked up k-mart special w/ a double humbucker. I also own and play a korg piano. I am not going to list my musical interests because there is very little I do not like.

My youngest son plays the drums (he is at his lesson as I type this) as well as my oldest boy plays piano.

I chose to start a business marketing music related products because that is a strong area of interest for me.

I spent last year in Kuwait away from my family and vowed to start a business when I returned so that eventually I could be my own boss and have more time to be with the ones I love and do the things I love to do. Like start a band and play out and around.

Now that I have retired from 25yrs in the Army Reserve I only have to replace my day job with something to make that dream come true.

Internet marketing is the way I have chosen to do this. And anyone who doesn't think or isn't aware that companies like Gibson, Fender, Harley, Ovation, and on and on make tons of money marketing stuff on the net, well quite frankly I don't know what to say.

As much as I have quickly grown to like Greybeard and his great site he did overlook the fact that I mention on my site that the information that the people choose to leave me will remain private. I do not will not and never will sell or give away any ones name or e-mail address.

I wouldn't want it done to me and I do not intend to do it to anyone else. Not to mention I hate spam just as much as the next person.

The way people arrive at my site is by coming to get what they are looking for. They give me their name and e-mail address and I send them printable chord charts like they asked for along with a newsletter that contains free guitar lessons, tips and yes recommendations to some great music related software or instructional materials or anything else musical that I find to be of value to myself and others.

There are very clear instructions on how to unsubscribe to my newsletter and to date I have not received any complaints from any of the people who are receiving it nor from the very few that have unsubscribed. Yes I have received some unsubscribes aprox 4 out of 400 and the list of satisfied subscribers is growing daily. And yes I do suspect that I will get more unsubscribes in the future. It is all good either way.

So Peace guys. No hard feelings. I hope everyone knows me a little better now. And I do sincerely mean thank you for the advice everyone has offered so far weather it be Nils, Greaybeard, or anyone else. Please feel free to rip me apart some more ( my dry sense of humor). Please be gentle though I am a little bit skawed and frageele (scared and fragile for you non Rhode Islanders)

America The Home Of The Free
Everett

Everett L. Fortin III
MAJ, TC
USAR Retired

Posted : 16/08/2005 11:09 pm