Notifications
Clear all

9v adaptors for effects units

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@jackwhite)
Topic starter  

i just got a boss DD-6 today, and after like 3 hours of it being plugged in the battery ran out. i use batteries for all my other boxes, but im gonna get an adaptor cos this one seems to suck out power real quick. anyhow, do you NEED to get the boss adaptors especially or can you just use any 9v adaptor? Jack

(@preston)
Trusted Member

Hey Jack,
(I'm no longer Hi Jacking. Crime don't pay like it used to.) ::)

As I'm sure you know, better Batts last longer...you could even go with rechargables. Here's the Deal, tho.
You can buy ($25 US) a unit from Musicians Friend dot Com that can power up to 4 Effects (and, YES! it works with BOSS pedals) and you don't need to unplug everything everytime you set the guitar down for 30 minutes!

It's called the One Spot. I have 2 of these. Pretty nice. Be sure to order the BUNDLE or you'll just get the adapter. The chain is extra.
Part # is 151692.

DO NOT use Just Any 9V adaptor! Some use diff Polarity plugs. Milliamps also make a diff. Don't try to buy one for 50 cents at a Garage Sale unless you know what you're looking for! Most boxes are good with the One Spot, tho. Just be sure to check the list.

"Don't try to describe a KISS concert if you've never seen it." Jimmy Buffett

ReplyQuote
(@jonnyt)
Reputable Member

There are 3 Boss pedals (TU - 2 tuner, NS - 2 noise gate, and LS - 2 line selector) that if powered with an adapter, will then send the power to other pedals, 8 total, if you use their daisy chain.  This will work for most pedals... however it does not work with my Dunlop Cry Baby Wah, and my Tube Works Real Tube pedal has it's own power source.

E doesn't = MC2, E = Fb

Music "Theory"? "It's not just a theory, it's the way it is!"

Jonny T.

ReplyQuote