Clear all

BOSS ME-50

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@longhairedloser)
Topic starter  

GOOD? NO GOOD?

A few days ago I went in to buy my Ibanez tubescreamer. I asked the dude at the store if there was anything as good as it.

He said that the Boss ME-50 had everything to offer. He said it could shift right into sounding like any of the Ibanez tube screamers, as wells as an endless variety of effects. I looked at the ME-50, and I am starting to like the features. Is it as good as he says? Are all of the effects up to par? Do they sound amazing?

Rod(the dude at the store), said that I wouldn't need any of my other pedals after I bought the ME-50. I have looked down on the Multi effects pedals before, but from what he says it sounds worth it. He said it was the least complicated Mulit effect unit that he has ever seen.

What I am getting at:
Does the ME-50 live up to his recomendation? Does it sound as good as the single-effect pedals that are built into it? Is it easy to use? Is it worth $279? Are all of the features/effects great or good? SHOULD I BUY IT?

Should I scrap buying the tubescreamer......and splurge on the ME-50?

Metallica Rules!!
My Idols:James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett, Ted Nugent, Zakk Wylde, Jimi, E. Van Halen
My Gear:
Fender Strat
ESP Ltd EX351D
Rogue 2x12" 100w combo amp
various effects,& accessories

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Unless they improved Ibanez tubescreamer in the last couple years, the one I tried didn't even come close to the older ones. there are some mods you can do that will bring it life though.

As for the Boss pedal they do have a good reputation. See if the store would let you take it home for a test drive and put it through the test.

Another thought would be a digitech RP7 it has a tube in it. You can pick them up for cheap.

just my thoughts.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@rob82)
Eminent Member

I got an ME 50 and I love it. For me it pasted expectations but there is two things I wasn't imprested with EG. You cant play with wha settings.  the other expansion pedal effects are good.  And this one was more of a thing I found with all multi fx when you switch between pedals in a bank ( ask the shop guy to explain it ) there is a gap in the sound the boss was the least I found digitec have a larger gap. Also the tuner in the ME50 is top notch. its built to last have a look around the shop all the other one are made of plastic.
If you do decide to get one get a lift home it comes In a big box.

ReplyQuote
(@longhairedloser)
Topic starter  

Thanks guys. That helps alot. I was just wanting to know if anyone else used one. I think I will buy the ME-50 instead. I'm losing intrest in Ibanez, anyway.

I think I will go with the ME-50 just because of how much satisfaction I have gotten just from Boss. I like the fact that the ME-50 has 30 Boss effects built in. That is awesome. It has everything. I probably won't use the expression pedal for wah, since my Crybaby works just fine.

Hey Irish, how does the acoustic simulator sound on the ME-50? That was one of the things I was curious about. Does the Distortion sound good? Is the Noise suppressor good? JUST GIMME A TOTAL REVIEW!! Thanks man, I really appreciate it!!

Metallica Rules!!
My Idols:James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett, Ted Nugent, Zakk Wylde, Jimi, E. Van Halen
My Gear:
Fender Strat
ESP Ltd EX351D
Rogue 2x12" 100w combo amp
various effects,& accessories

ReplyQuote
(@rob82)
Eminent Member

there is a link to review that i read before i got mine i tried to upload some licks but my web site is going mad and i cant sort it out but you can hear it in the shop sorry about that.
http://www.totalguitar.co.uk/article.asp?ID=1975&type=GER

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I read online and also heard in the guitar shops that, for an extra $70, the Boss GT-6 is even better.  But if you don't need all the extra stuff the ME-50 will be fine.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote