Notifications
Clear all

A Real Bargain

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@benner)
Topic starter  

Just bought a Behringer X V Amp for 49GBP new , and felt I had to express my opinion that it is a STEAL , how do they do it for 49 quid ?.
By the way , I don't work for Behringer , am not a 15 year old with no experience and I have some good gear to compare it to - namely a Pod V2 for a direct comparison , Cornford Harlequin , 1965 Vox AC50 , 1979 Marshall Super Bass , Marshall AVT50 and a Fender Champ 25.
The effects are very good , reverb smooth , noise gate excellent , compression very smooth , the pedal is a bit flimsy but for 49 quid....
Incidentally the Black Twin setting sounds very similar to the Harlequin.
I only bought this unit out of curiosity , and before everyone slates me , I do realise you cannot replace the miked up amp for recording , but all the same , have a listen to this unit , you may be surprised !!

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Hi,

Yeah, it is an amazing price for this unit. There are ofcourse the to-be-expected issues (wah is not good, pedal has little rang, effects cannot be tweaked as well as dedicated units etc), but for this price it is unbelievable. There is still a difference in sound quality between X V-amp en V-amp2/POD2 (the latter two sounds very much alike to me), but hey, its just 49GBP!

ReplyQuote