adding drum machine...

Notifications
Clear all

adding drum machine?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

what's the best way to add drums from an Digitech RP300A Processor to pre-existing songs?  I got a big gig in a week and no drummer, so this is kinda important, lol.  How do I figure BPM? Any help would be greatly apreciated thanks.

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Wow I thought someone would've responded by now.

Anyhow, if the tracks are on your computer, depending on the software you're using, you might (*might*) be able to manually insert a grid (I don't know what you call it) that would then allow a midi drum machine to follow along. If the tracks are analog, or even computer recorded without a click or any type of sync code, it would be nearly impossible to keep the drum machine from 'wandering' off the beat and not lock in.

Maybe someone else has a solution?

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Hiya,

I think you'll find that you're going to have to sit down and work it manually - setting your tempo and playing to see if it's right.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

This from the manual.

Pressing the Drums button will enable the built-in drum machine.
(except when in Store or Bypass mode).

When the drum machine is active:
The Number 1 Knob is used to select the drum Pattern.

Choices include:
The Number 2 Knob adjusts the drum Tempo and ranges from BPM 40 .
(40 beats per minute) to BPM240 (240 beats per minute).

The Number 3 Knob adjusts the volume Level of the drum loop and ranges from 1 to 99.
Press the Drums button again to stop playback of the drum loop.

Yes, you'll need to spend sometime practicing your songs and adjusting the drums to be the same tempo or adjust the songs timing to your choice of drum pattern.

Hope this helps

joe

ReplyQuote