Skip to content
amp EFFECTS Loop qu...

Notifications
Clear all

amp EFFECTS Loop question and a little more..

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ikingtan)
Topic starter  

warning: ignoramus in the house. but hey, you gotta ask so you'll learn right? :?

the peavey bandit 112 in church has stuff on its back side:

Effects Loop return, Effects Loop Send, Power amp in, power amp out.

can someone explain to me waht these things are for? at least as far as i know, the sound tech at my church hooks the amp to the house PA through the power amp out jack through a direct box.

aside from my guitar, i also have a sans amp gt2, a dano EQ pedal and a korg ax1500g multieffects processor. can you help me set these things up?

i've read that the gt2 works best as a preamp and not as a distortion pedal in front of the amp. so where do i plug it in- in the "power amp in" jack or do i use the "effects return" slot? thanks for the help. :)

-one confused dude

...he is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot loose...

(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Read this:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=227

Quiz tomorrow :)

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Thats an get article that Laz posted, well worth the read a few times.

I would experiment and see what works best for the sound and tone your after. Are you sure it not a pre-amp out and power amp in?

Guitar->dano EQ pedal->sans amp gt2->guitar amp input-> korg ax1500g(Effects loop)-> speaker out->direct box in-> direct out to speakers-> direct box Low level out to the mixer. Ask what kind of direct box it is, some direct boxs will allow you connected the way I suggested, which will allow you to attenurate the power output to the speakers and run the amp at higher power with lower volume.

just a thought.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@ikingtan)
Topic starter  

thanks guys!

will get on it as soonas i can!

...he is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot loose...

ReplyQuote