Notifications
Clear all

tonelab vs gt-6

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@hadleman)
Topic starter  

I've been looking at and researching the vox tonelab SE and the Boss GT-6 for a while and I still can't make a decision on which one to get. They both are awsome, both received good reviews...I dont' know. The gt-6 definitely has more effects, but the tonelab has outstanding modeling. What do you guys think?

m/-(^_^)-m/

(@apefeet)
Eminent Member

First off I have not played with the Vox Tonelab, but I have a GT6.

I'll give you some information about the GT6. The GT6 is really like having a bunch of pedals all in one box. You have Overdrive/Distorition, Reverb, Chorus, Delay, Wah, Eq and two effects (FX1 and FX2). You can have each of these effects on or off at the same time, and place them in any order you want. Note you can only have one FX1 and one FX2 effect at same time. I wish the Compressor/Limitor was not in FX1 block. When you play with the GT6 in the store use the demo effects as more of an idea of what you can make the unit do. To get the most from the GT6 you need to tweak each of the settings.

Comparing the specs of the two:

GT6 has 24 bit processing, digital out, you can also add an external volume pedal and two external foot switches and program these to control just about any effects parameter.
The Vox is 20 bit, no digital out, has a true tube which should give you a better tube sound than the GT6, it also has two built in expression pedals.

The GT6 works best with a keyboard type amp, but you can set it up so that you use your own amps preamp if you have an effects loop on your amp. The GT6 is probably one of the most flexable multi-effects units I have seen. It is also built like a tank. I choose the GT6 since I wanted something that gave me the most effects and the most control over the effects.

Best thing to do is to sit down at the store and play with both for a couple of hours. Just keep in mind that the GT6 realy needs to be tweaked for your own setup and sound (I've heard people diss the GT6 cause the presets are terrible).

Rich

ReplyQuote