Clear all

amp modelling? n some questions for begginers like me

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jeansen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

i know nothing about amps modelling..what is it use for? is it just the same as efx or is it different?
n ...if an amp have a built-in-effects inside and have the modelling effects..is it effects also the real tone of the amp?
when you're trying an amp in the store...what do you need to do to know the quality of the amps?
oh ya..what is "bright" for actually ?
sorry a lot of question.. :) i'm thinking to buy the Roland cube 30 or 60...
R cube60 has the "bright" channel but i just don't know, what it ( the bright channel) is use for?
please someone answer me..thx U :)

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Amp modelling is not really an effect, as such. The idea is to make the amp sound "exactly" like an original, much more expensive amp (e.g. Vox AC30 Twin with TopBoost). The effects come on top

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Yup. And to add to it, modeling is applied in a few ways. For example, Vox tries to exactly copy various amps, including the way the controls work, while other amps take a more general approach (amp 1 for clean, amp2 for classic rock, etc). I myself find the Vox Valvetronix amps to be superior to the Cube amps, while being just as expensive.

The chain in general is:

guitar -> pre-modeling effects -> modeling -> post-modeling effects -> poweramp -> speaker

Pre-modeling effects would be auto-wah and compressor, examples of post-modeling effects would be flanger and reverb.

ReplyQuote
(@jeansen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thx U..i think i understand something..thx for the explanation for amp modelling..
when you're trying an amp in the store...what do you need to do to know the quality of the amps?
oh ya..what is "bright" for actually ?
sorry a lot of question.. i'm thinking to buy the Roland cube 30 or 60...
R cube60 has the "bright" channel but i just don't know, what it ( the bright channel) is use for?

thx

ReplyQuote